icon

97 Tahoe Stereo Setup Opinions

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
LooneyG 
Member - Posts: 43
Member spacespace
Posted: November 30, 2005 at 8:26 PM / IP Logged  
Hi guys just wondering what you guys would think of the following setup going into a 1997 Tahoe 4DR:
4 x 10" Kicker L7 Squares (Dual 2 Ohm)
1 x XX Hercules Mono-Block (2000 Watt)
Loud ??? DB Guesses ???
And I'm also trying to keep all 4 next to each other right at the end of the back door but would like some ideas on boxes either ported or not
LooneyG 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 01, 2005 at 8:03 AM / IP Logged  
Anyone ? Any Feedback is appreciated as always 97 Tahoe Stereo Setup Opinions - Last Post -- posted image.
hobobasher 
Copper - Posts: 66
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 01, 2005 at 4:31 PM / IP Logged  

There is honestly no accurate whay of guessing what your going to hit.  depends on how you wired it. Also depends on what the amp is getting from power and if its stable power. Also depends on how its wired if your wired them in parallel it could make a difference and the size power wire and spoeaker wire you use makes a difference. So its really hardto accuaratly tell you what you might hit even guessing is a long shot

LooneyG 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 01, 2005 at 7:39 PM / IP Logged  
hobobasher wrote:

There is honestly no accurate whay of guessing what your going to hit.  depends on how you wired it. Also depends on what the amp is getting from power and if its stable power. Also depends on how its wired if your wired them in parallel it could make a difference and the size power wire and spoeaker wire you use makes a difference. So its really hardto accuaratly tell you what you might hit even guessing is a long shot

Thanks for the reply, it looks like i'm going to wire the setup at 1 Ohm, using 0 Gauge Power and Ground Wiring, anybody have any box ideas ???
hobobasher 
Copper - Posts: 66
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 01, 2005 at 7:46 PM / IP Logged  

Sounds like a decent setup for a box thats something I never got into. Too muhc of a pain I mean i foberglass everything but all my enclosures are sealed. I have a 94 ford explorer so im in the same boat as you really. Both suvs so In my opinion sealed enclosures are fine if you have a car i go ported into the rear deck but thats me. Everyone is different. Hope you get the help on the box tho im not too much of a help on that sorry

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic