icon

sound comming from speakers

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jasondavis 
Member - Posts: 29
Member spacespace
Posted: December 01, 2005 at 4:54 PM / IP Logged  
I noticed sometimes between changing songs that I hear a noise comming from my 4 2-way kickers door speakers but once music is playing I guess it is drowned out, so today I added a set of kicker component speakers in the kick panels wired it all up and now I notice when I even have the volume down to 0 I get a pretty loud static type sounds comming from the tweeters, I can't figure out what it could be?  I have tried different RCA cables and stuff with no luck, any help please?
sparkie 
Platinum - Posts: 2,061
Platinum spacespace
Posted: December 01, 2005 at 5:43 PM / IP Logged  
The problem could be various things. It is hard to tell without more info. Does the static happen when the engine is off and the key is in the accessory position? Is there an amp driving the speakers? Is the gain control on the amp properly adjusted? Post more details of your system and what conditions may affect the static noise to allow members to help you.
sparky
geepherder 
Platinum - Posts: 3,668
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 01, 2005 at 6:02 PM / IP Logged  
Sparkie is sending you down the proper path.  Describe to us when the problem occurs- does it only occur on radio (am or fm), or cd or all sources?
My ex once told me I have a perfect face for radio.
jasondavis 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 01, 2005 at 6:51 PM / IP Logged  
hey guys yeah I posted this message before I even finsihed installing the new speakers so I just finished up and took it for a ride around the block, The speakers are ran off a kicker 650.4 amp and after driving around it is definately like a squeling noise from the alternator posssibly that is comming in the speakers, as I give it more gas it gets louder.  It only happens off of 2 channels of my 4 channel amp though
geepherder 
Platinum - Posts: 3,668
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 01, 2005 at 9:03 PM / IP Logged  

It's still a guessing game because we don't know what you're driving, with what kinds of upgrades and such.

Okay, so it's only with the engine running?  You didn't say if it happens on all sources, so I'm guessing it does.  You said it gets louder as you give it more gas- this may be ignition noise.  See if grounding the hood helps.  Does the pitch vary with engine noise?  Have you recently done or had some work done to the engine? 

You said the noise is only coming from 2 of the channels of the amplifier.  Let me guess- the components.  Try moving the crossovers away from any possible noise sources.

My ex once told me I have a perfect face for radio.
jasondavis 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 02, 2005 at 5:10 AM / IP Logged  

It happens with all sources and even without the engine running,  I can actually bypass the crossovers and plug the speaker wire right into the speaker itself and it still does the noise so I don't think it's the crossover.  Also I haven't done any engine work,  I have a kicker sx1250.1 amp running some subs and hen I just added the 650w amp and ran all my doors on 2 channels, so last night i just added the components to my 2 open channels and thats when the noise started.  I also tried other speakers to make sure it wasn't a problem with the speakers themself.  I tried a new  RCA but that didn't help either. 

BTW It is a GMC Yukon

cirrusly_fast 
Copper - Posts: 90
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 02, 2005 at 9:42 AM / IP Logged  
that sounds like my recent problem, it's under car audio and it called amp whining noise. I had to send it back to manufacturer to get that fixed. try unpluging the rca's and the speakers from the amp. give the amp power and listen to the amp. if the amp makes noise you might be in the same boat as me.
Cuz I'm Kewl Like That.
System: 1-12" Orion H2, Crossfire VR2000D,Odyssey C2150 battery
cirrusly_fast 
Copper - Posts: 90
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 02, 2005 at 9:45 AM / IP Logged  
here's the web address to that post i'm talking about.
https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp?tid=66993&PN=2
Cuz I'm Kewl Like That.
System: 1-12" Orion H2, Crossfire VR2000D,Odyssey C2150 battery
jasondavis 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 02, 2005 at 5:50 PM / IP Logged  

Yeah it may be the amp because now I can't turn the volume past like 10 without it cutting out, it's weird

I even switched my speakers around to other channels and the components are the ones that have a problem on any channel so i'm lost now.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic