icon

2000 F150 Dome light

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
awsomedude 
Copper - Posts: 50
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 01, 2005 at 11:50 PM / IP Logged  
I am installing a RS on a 2000 F150 Manual trans. I am all done except for one problem. I am trying to get the door triggers figured out. I know what wires they are and how to hook them up, but when started this project I noticed that the dome light does not come when I open the doors. The odd thing is, the dome does come on when I use the factory remote to unlock. The bulb is burned out in the drivers side door if that would cause a problem maybe not completing a circut? I guess my questions is why doesnt the dome light come when I open the doors? And will that effect the door triggers from sending signals to my RS?
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 02, 2005 at 12:14 AM / IP Logged  

You need to "unbolt" the keyless module to get to the door triggers......   BLACK/ pink  drivers door pin     BLACK / YELLOW. pass door pin

you need to release the 4 10mm bolts to get the keyless module down.......

anickle 
Member - Posts: 42
Member spacespace
Posted: December 02, 2005 at 12:15 AM / IP Logged  
If you meter the doorpins and you still get a reading(depending on -+ doorpins)  even if the dome light dosen't work,  the r/s will see that reading.  It will still work
andrew nickle
awsomedude 
Copper - Posts: 50
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 02, 2005 at 7:48 AM / IP Logged  
Where is the keyless module?

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic