icon

2000 F150 Clutch bypass for compustar

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
awsomedude 
Copper - Posts: 50
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 02, 2005 at 6:24 PM / IP Logged  
I am installing a compustar on a 200 f150, I found that the clutch bypass wire is Dark Blue/Orange, and that it is positive, but how do I bypass it? I tried putting postive to it during start but nothing happens. Anyone have a clue? and for the law loving people it is legal to install a remote start on a manula transmission in ALASKA. Let me know what to do.
awsomedude 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 02, 2005 at 7:30 PM / IP Logged  
There are six wires and these are the colors in order, tan pink, dark blue orange, red green, tan light blue, tan pink, and gray yellow. I have tried hooking up a positive input while starting to the Dark blue orange and when I do that it turn the starter, so I dont think that is right. Help me please.
awsomedude 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 02, 2005 at 9:35 PM / IP Logged  
Anyone? Please help this is that last thing I need to finish the truck.
slicksam 
Copper - Posts: 291
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 02, 2005 at 10:49 PM / IP Logged  

according to my notes

connect the starter wire form the remote starter to the RED / BLUE at ignition harness AND also connect it to the BLUE/ORANGE at the clutch

you do know there is a second acc on the f150's and it is RED / BLACK

and also you did the transponder bypass correct?

Testing is the key
awsomedude 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 03, 2005 at 12:28 AM / IP Logged  
I have everything all wired up including all 3 ignitions and the second acc, so all I need to do is connect a wire from the starter to the blue orange wire at the clutch switch?
slicksam 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 03, 2005 at 10:11 AM / IP Logged  

i just thought of something

use a relay to power up the clutch.....85 = ground when running , 86 = starter output, 30 = 12 volts or starter output, 87 = goes to the clutch wire(blue/orange)

cause if you connect direct....he won't need to push the clutch to start manually.

with this relay installed......he will need to press the clutch to start manually

Testing is the key
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 03, 2005 at 11:31 AM / IP Logged  
slicksam wrote:

according to my notes

connect the starter wire form the remote starter to the RED / BLUE at ignition harness AND also connect it to the BLUE/ORANGE at the clutch

you do know there is a second acc on the f150's and it is RED / BLACK

and also you did the transponder bypass correct?

Is connecting the starter wire from the remote start to 2 different spots on the struck a good idea?

The astrochart shows connecting to the clutch wire INSTEAD of the starter wire.....not both.

Explain it to me if I am wrong.

awsomedude 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 03, 2005 at 11:31 AM / IP Logged  
Well the compustar has a prewired starter kill relay, so I need it to be on the start wire because you cut the wire in half and connect the yellow wire to the starter side and the yellow back to the key side. I dont see how it could hurt to have it go to two places, it only be getting one signal.
slicksam 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 03, 2005 at 3:05 PM / IP Logged  

kartuneman...i am going according to my notes.

if i had the truck i would try giving 12volts only to the clutch...to see if that would work, if it doesn't i would wire up both places.

if it  does start only on the clutch......you can install the starter cut off on the clutch wire(blue/ orange)...it would be the same thing as cutting the starter line

Testing is the key
awsomedude 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 03, 2005 at 6:22 PM / IP Logged  
Well I ran a starter wire to the clutch wire and the starter and everything seems to work great, thanks for all the input fellas!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic