icon

Ever have things stolen from your car?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
honomichl 
Copper - Posts: 128
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 03, 2005 at 12:49 AM / IP Logged  

I was wondering how many of u guys have experienced something that was stolen from your car. What did they steal and did you ever find the guy(s) who did it.

Here's my story. It was raining the whole night and my friend is getting ready for work. And he goes to out side to his car. Calls me on the cell phone. And askes me to give him a ride. I asked him what happen to his car and he says my rims are missing. I didn't beleive him. went over to his house and see his car balanced on two cinder blocks. Couldn't beleive it. His rims were brand new cost 800.00. Never did find out who did it.

you can't be ahead of the curb if you aren't LIVIN LOUD
menace2sobriety 
Silver - Posts: 394
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 03, 2005 at 1:34 AM / IP Logged  

stolen not all at once. 3 alpine h/u's  1 alpine 3522s amp, 2 RF punch 150 hd's 1 RF punch 30.   year 1981 jim fosgate punch 100 w/dash mount control,  orion 15" sub, 4 fultron 10" subs, 2 blues 12" subs,  pair of fulron 6x9,s  pair of fultron titanium tweeters, pair of polk components, fultron parametric EQ, RF punch 12" subs, im sure their is more im not remembering. but what really upset me out of all of this was they ripped the dash out of my car and it was in 3 peicesEver have things stolen from your car? -- posted image.   have not had anything stolen for about five years now.   since i wrote this ill wake up to a striped car.   and no peice was ever recovered. or the guys that done it.

sedate 
Silver - Posts: 1,173
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 03, 2005 at 2:22 AM / IP Logged  
Yikes!
My first bi-amped system;
Still loudest and proudest:
Pioneer MP7400 <-- took the face. Not the CD player itself, even tho they ripped off the entire dash, just the the face...
JL Audio e6450, JL Audio 500/1... Yea... a good kw of JL amps ... who'd value that...
A pair of Infinity Kappa Perfect 12.1's, custom MDF sealed enclosure..
'nuff said.
Every power wire and RCA straight cut at the amp.
I got into my car right... kinda distracted. I used to date this super hot redhead and she made me super hot angry everyday right... so I get into my car ready to bass and drive around a bit and I kinda look at my dash and think "heh why is my dash missing?" and as the sinking feeling leaked on out to my body I reached down to pop my trunk and it was already popped......
Bad day, seriously.
"I'm finished!" - Daniel Plainview
sedate 
Silver - Posts: 1,173
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 03, 2005 at 2:25 AM / IP Logged  
Oh yea.. woot State Farm insurance. $1100 worth of parts somehow translated to a $2000 insurance claim. The butter? I never even told them about the stereo.. no special coverage, no 'modified car coverage' or whatever... They were straight crediting me with an install valued at $500 that I did myself?!
God bless America.
"I'm finished!" - Daniel Plainview
ssnds 
Copper - Posts: 169
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 03, 2005 at 8:41 AM / IP Logged  

this happened about 2summers ago.   really on thing stolen from me was a 11'' dvd player. couple "friends"

came over earlier in the day to see what i was doing later that night.     told them that i was going out with this chick. well the next day went looking for my dvd player at my house.       no where in sight. called a couple people. found out that 4 "friends" of mine came over stole that and went into my garage and stole my tippman FA paintball gun also.     two of them used the money to go to georgia the day after i found out.  

Do you guys believe in Kama? Well 2 out of the 4 are dead now. One died in a tragic car accident back in Feb. The other overdosed on pills and alchy about 3 1/2 months ago.

SSounds
speedwayaudio1 
Silver - Posts: 879
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 03, 2005 at 10:27 AM / IP Logged  
Scum bags broke into my storage and got subs, amps, enclosures, hu's the works. never found them. just as well. if i had found them i'd be in prison for murder. Ever have things stolen from your car? -- posted image.
Big Dave
Alpine Guy 
Platinum - Posts: 2,478
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 03, 2005 at 10:50 AM / IP Logged  

I had a much of car audio equipment in my old house such as sub's n there box's, and amps and such and i loaded them into the moving truck myself, then went to work while they brought it to the new house and my mom and brother were there, but obviously not looking out for my stuff. When i got home from work there was no sub, box, or amp to be found. They gave us the run around telling me to look here and there and "it is most likely under all the box's".....2 weeks later i finally searched everywhere and there was nothing to be found so i went to the police station and they did nothing.

2003 Chevy Avalanche,Eclipse CD7000,Morel Elate 5,Adire Extremis,Alpine PDX-4.150, 15" TC-3000, 2 Alpine PDX-1.1000, 470Amp HO Alt.
honomichl 
Copper - Posts: 128
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 04, 2005 at 12:19 AM / IP Logged  

Wow those are some bad ones. I am the kind of guy you could still my car and take out the system wouldn''t be pissed.But take the stereo and leave the car PISSED.

you can't be ahead of the curb if you aren't LIVIN LOUD
fingaz22 
Silver - Posts: 410
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 04, 2005 at 11:21 AM / IP Logged  

my girl at the time stole all my equipment from where i had it stored in my house.two pioneer head units with the dolphins when they where new like 450 buck a piece, 4 10' sony explods brand new in the box, two fosgate 100 dsm,2 power 800a2's  ,1 12" ma audio comp, 2 15" kicker comp, and all my wire. ex-girl now and lucky not dead girl now. oh well live and learn.

the stuff i have had jack from my car happened once and it was only a junk eq. i credit this to my anti-theft system  the razoor blades i install where they would have to grab to get the stuff out. the downfall is the blood but i havn't lost nothing of real value yet. the one thing i was told by a cop once that this was illegal and that the crook could sue me!! serously, he said that and another cop i asked at a different time. never got to look up a law on it but could you imagin getting sued by a thef that just tried robbing your stereo. i surely would be in prisson for murder then. thats just how my state s$#*#!!!

JUST ONE MORE AMP!!!
hu,alpine cva 1005/dva 5205
sound processor,symmetry(first one).
sub amp,power 1000 the terminator.(1992).
subs,spl comp dual 1 ohms.
punch 150hd on a 10" ev.
alotofhighs
SoundAudio 
Copper - Posts: 242
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 05, 2005 at 2:26 PM / IP Logged  
That's true that you could be sued.  A warehouse owner was sued and lost when he had a shot gun rigged to the door that was constantly broken into and the teen thief was killed by it.  His parents sued wrongful death and won.
Good Luck!
-Thad
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic