icon

2004 xterra wirring info

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
j68rh 
Copper - Posts: 147
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 03, 2005 at 8:31 AM / IP Logged  
I need some advice on the 2004 nissan exterra.  On the plug to the SECU = Smart Entrance Control Unit how do you count the pins. also to hook up the second accessory wire do you need to relay it?  please let me know.  also for the door can i just go from the swith
Geeque 
Silver - Posts: 310
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 03, 2005 at 8:35 AM / IP Logged  
Most plugs the pins start at the upper right hand corner and count backwards, most not all, are there any visible numbers? What kind of RS are you using, why do you need a second accessory? Is the ac and heat working the way it is? As for the door, what are you trying to do, be more specific.
Gary Kline
MECP Master Technician
j68rh 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 03, 2005 at 9:08 AM / IP Logged  
I have the commander RS.  instead of tying my door trigger at the secu for the alarm, can I tie in at the door pins them selfs?  there are no visable numbers on the plug and the space is limited to work with.  on the wire sheet from bulldog security it shows 2 accessory wires/ Heater 1 and heater2 blowers.  so I was just wondering if it needs to be hooked up also.  you said on most plugs the numbers start in the uper right hand corner. and count back wards explain please.  Right hand corner as if the plug was plug in and the wires facing you, or the plug undone and the plug side facing you?  and backwards how.  up and down or right and left or left to right down up and count down like big number to little number?
j68rh 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 03, 2005 at 4:48 PM / IP Logged  
anybody have any ideas about what I asked?
Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: December 03, 2005 at 7:47 PM / IP Logged  
Are you saying your alarm only has one ignition wire and one accessory wire? The ignition wire should go to BLACK/ white and the accessory goes to red yellow. As for the WHITE/ blue second accessory wire, it may not be needed as it may be just for the radio and stuff. You would be safe trying it to find out if the heat works without, but if it doesn't you will need to relay it. As for the SECU, the wires GREEN/ red, GREEN/ black, RED / black are actually the door pin wires. They are pins 1,2 and 3, so just look for these three colors right in a row and it's a safe bet they are it. You can unplug them to get better access if the key is off, and they will still meter a ground when the door is open even unplugged. If the truck has no power locks you can use the dome light wire, RED / blackin the drivers kick, and it will get all doors.
Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
j68rh 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 03, 2005 at 8:59 PM / IP Logged  
Yeah I want to have it where the radio comes on too so if I need to the other accessory wire how do I relay it to make it work?  also how about the other wires I need in the SECU like the door lock and unlock wire are they near the door trigger wire?
j68rh 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 03, 2005 at 9:15 PM / IP Logged  
also the other wire in the SECU for the dome light supervision can i just use the dome light wire for that from the dome light it self or do I need to put it to the SECU. how about the power windows too?  the reason why I ask is because in the SECU there are a couple of the wires that are the same color and they do probably different things.
j68rh 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 04, 2005 at 1:53 PM / IP Logged  
Any one have any Idea that can give me advice
Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: December 04, 2005 at 2:11 PM / IP Logged  
If you have a negative out when remote started wire you can use a relay to operate the second accessory. lock is light GREEN/ red at pin 5, and lock is brown at pin 4. Thes are gonna be next to the door trigger wires. If your dome light supervision output is a negative you can just attach it to any door trigger and it will work. Be sure to diode isolate all the door triggers. Operating windows requires a module...
Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
j68rh 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 04, 2005 at 4:30 PM / IP Logged  
how do you wire a relay in to go from a negative signal to a positive signal and then do you hook the new positive wire from the relay to the second accessory wire in the ignition, or can I just branch off the accessory wire from the remote start with a relay to hit both the accessory wires at once?
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic