icon

Intllistart 4, Vauxhall Calibra

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
waz70 
Member - Posts: 20
Member spacespace
Posted: December 03, 2005 at 11:40 AM / IP Logged  

Hello everyone.  I hope you can help me as I am a little bit stuck!  I have wired up my intellistart 4 to my car and intelliguard 9000 alarm but for some reason the intellistart will not work.  can you please check I have connected ebverything up correctly below.

Orange Wire  - Key posision Number one

All Red Wires - Battery +

Orange & Grey - Not Connected

Green & Blue - Key position Number 2

White & Blue - Starter Wire (key position No 3)

Grey - Not connected

Black & Green - Not connected

Violet & White - Not connected

White & Black - Not connected (My intellistart is already connected to the hood trigger)

White & Violet - Not Connected

Blue & Orange - Not connected

Black - Ground

Blue & Black- Not Connected

Blue & Yellow - Not Connected

Blue & Green - Connected to relay to produce +12v when handbrake is on

Blue & White - Not connected (My intellistart is already connected to the brake trigger)

Black & Grey - Connected to RPM Ground throught the same Via the same wire as my intellistart 9000

My car is a vauxhall Calibra Turbo, if you need anymore information please let me know.

Please reply I really need the help.

Thank You

Warren

scirocco16v 
Copper - Posts: 112
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 03, 2005 at 12:24 PM / IP Logged  

The first problem you have is the blue/green reverse light wire should only see 12 volts when the handbrake is down.  By showing 12volts when the brake is up will not let intellistart initiate.  Second disconnect the tach wire from the ig 9000 and just use the one from the intellistart and make sure you reprogram the rpms.  Lastly, ia ssume you are using the is4 on a manual trans, by not connecting the BLACK/ green to ground requires you to do a safestart procedure through the remote before you can remote start.  Your main problem is the handbrake though, everything else looks good.  Let me know if you have other problems.

jeremy 

waz70 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 04, 2005 at 4:56 PM / IP Logged  

Hi there Jeremy.  Thank you very much for your help the intellistart is now working fine except for I can't seem to get it to sense the RPM input, the intelliguard used to sense it no problem but for some reason the intellistart will not sense it, everytime I press program RPM in the Cliffnet Wizard the status box says no code, the Black & Grey wire is connected to the - on the ignition coil.  I have tried connecting my intellistart to the coil on its own and it will not work, I have tried connecting the intelliguard to it and this will not work (except when intellistart is not plugged in then the Intelliguard will sense it no problem), oh and I have also tried both together and still no luck.  So I have now set it to No Tach mode.  Have you or anyone got any ideas to why it will not sense the RPM, also are there many disadvantages to setting it to the no tach mode?

Thanks Again

Warren

naughtydog 
Copper - Posts: 90
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 04, 2005 at 5:13 PM / IP Logged  
dont use the wizard to program the rpm - it corrupts the intellistart sometimes. Use the valet switch. What wire have you used for the tach sense??
waz70 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 04, 2005 at 5:16 PM / IP Logged  
I have used the black & Grey wire from the intellistart.
scirocco16v 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 05, 2005 at 4:21 PM / IP Logged  
Not using a tach on remote start is not a good way to install remote starts and should never be done.  The negative side of a coil usually will always work on cliffords but there is always exceptions.  I have never seen the wizard not work for programming, however try it through the switch, I often do it like that.  If you do not get confirmation try a fuel injector for your tach signal.  You want to use the odd colored wire on the injector.  Unfortunately, I am not familiar with the vehicle to give specifics.  Let me know what you find.  First, try the switch and also you can go into the monitor section of the wizard and with the vehicle running see if the box with rpm input monitor has any sign of a signal.  the rpms should fluctuate if there is a usable signal present.
waz70 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 05, 2005 at 5:45 PM / IP Logged  

I did try to do it through the switch today but I can't seem to get into the menu using the switch.  I put the ignition on then press the * button twice then press the plain side once then hold the * button for 10 seconds then I should here a chirp? but I am not getting the chirp and the led will not stay on.  I have checked what my valet code was in the cliffnet wizard and it is 2.  but I cannot get into the menu and I know the switch works because I did the eight event recall on it and that worked fine.  do you have any idea why this is not working?  also can you let me know what problems it could cause if I was to use the no tach mode?

Sorry to be a pain

Thanks again

Warren

scirocco16v 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 05, 2005 at 10:33 PM / IP Logged  

First, the down side to using tach with a intellistart is this.  Clifford always wanted you to use the tach because it gave you the safest and most consistent starting.  They also used that signal for features like rpm locks and blackjax.  For these reasons there no tach settings only crank the engine for the preset time.  They do not monitor voltage and do no kind of engine check.  In other words, if the car does not start the first time intellistart does not know it.  You seem to be entering program correctly.  * * blank, led should flash with the blank push, hold down *, after 3 seconds 1 chirp, 10 seconds later 3 chirps, you are now in installer settings.

Good Luck   

waz70 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 06, 2005 at 2:03 PM / IP Logged  

Ok I will have another go this weekend (hopefully I can get it to work) as I am at work all week. Hope you don't mind but I have 1 more question, in the options in cliffnet in the intellistart section it has an option for retained accessory power, what is the difference between on and off? mine is currently set to on does this cause any problems and are there any disadvantages to having it on.

Thanks Again

Warren

scirocco16v 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 06, 2005 at 10:49 PM / IP Logged  
Even though I wish that cllifford gave you the ability to turn that off because in some cars it can cause problems like check engine lights and you need to wire a relay to make it not function.  the feature in the wizard did not actually turn it off.  I have heard that only a handful of is4 actually had a user selectable setting for that feature.  It allows the power windows and radio to stay on after the key is off, but most current vehicles already have this, it is great for my volkswagens though.  In most cases the blower will also continue to run.  The gray, heat 2 and orange wires will all have power for 10 minutes or until a door is open with this feature

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic