icon

1999 Saturn SC2, CA-425 & CA-545

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Krysolma 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: December 03, 2005 at 10:30 PM / IP Logged  

Hey guys.  I just purchased the CA-425 Master Module & CA-545 Remote Start Module.  I still haven't received it but i plan on putting it in this week.  I found the install manual for it here.  I looked at the install manual and it doen'ts seem too bad. I've never installed an alarm before.  I've done a couple of  radio installs and they were easy as all hell.  Well i always use solder and electical tape.  I would like to use shrink wrapping but i never cut the wires, just slice some insulation off, splice the wires together and then solder, so i dont know how one would go about using shrink wrapping for that.

Anyway, I've read that you have to disable the stock alarm during the staring, my quesition is can i just leave it in there and never arm it, like throw the stock remotes away or something???  and if not, can i jut pull the box out or there, or completely disable it or something like that. 

Also, does anyone have a detailed diagram for this car?  I saw the one in the Vehicle Wiring section, but it seems like its missing some wires.   

Some other quesions i have are:    For the door trigger should i use the dome light input?  Where do i mount the modules, whats a good spot?  Where exactly do i find the starter bypass module that the stock alarm is hooked up to???  Now I'm assuming that that i can find the brake pedal switch and the defrost turn on wire. 

Any suggestions would be awesome.   Thanks

Krysolma 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: December 05, 2005 at 11:47 PM / IP Logged  

I know someone out there has some suggestions.  One main question i have is what type of locks does this vehicle have, and how do i hook up the 2 stage door unlock.  In the manual (link in last post above) it has diagrams with relays, but i was under the impression that you didn't need any extra relays for this unit. 

thanks

extreme1 
Silver - Posts: 1,070
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 06, 2005 at 12:04 AM / IP Logged  
to disable the stock alarm. press unlock on the remote and then remove the batterys from it and never use it again.
Shaughn Murley
Install Manager, Dealer Services
Visions Electronics
Red Deer, Alberta
JWorm 
Platinum - Posts: 2,208
Platinum spacespace
Posted: December 06, 2005 at 12:31 AM / IP Logged  
I believe those alarms can be set for passive arming from the factory. My mother has that exact car, and I'm pretty sure the owners manual says it passively arms. If yours is set for active arming, do what Shaughn said. If its passive....let us know.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic