the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

98 ford explorer sport, alarm

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
dcman41 
Copper - Posts: 211
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 03, 2005 at 11:07 PM / IP Logged  
Basically the car has a Premium ford security system it looks exactly like a cheesy old school alarm. I am in the process of adding a 791xv to it. Do i just remove the old ford alarm completely ? Or do i have to use them both ?
dcman41 
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 03, 2005 at 11:08 PM / IP Logged  
it is the FACTORY FORD ALARM. if that helps.
cntrylvr79 
Silver - Posts: 582
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 03, 2005 at 11:20 PM / IP Logged  
If you can see a brain under the dash then it's not a FACTORY FORD ALARM.  It's a dealer installed alarm.  To answer you're question yeah you can rip it out and hook the 791 up in it's place.  Later.
Cause I'm So white and nerdy...
First Class Certi-fried installer
dcman41 
Posted: December 03, 2005 at 11:31 PM / IP Logged  
it stays FORD in blue letters on the alarm. Im just asking because  i dont want to ruin anything you know.
1stclass 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: December 03, 2005 at 11:31 PM / IP Logged  
Before you rip it out, unplug it and make you everything works and your truck still cranks.  I've ran across a few dealer install alarms that had a starter immobilizer on it, even with the factory installed immobilizer such as pats.
Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: December 04, 2005 at 7:29 AM / IP Logged  
It won't crank after you unplug it because the starter kill is built in. It's either a Ford 600plus or a 400k, and it's dealer installed. Code Alarm actually made them and they are real junk. Rip it out and install the new, it will be fine....
Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
dcman41 
Posted: December 05, 2005 at 6:22 PM / IP Logged  

well my brother bought a 791xv off ebay and had me install it everything works but the dome light supervision wire. This is in a 98 ford explorer sport. In anycase since he has no warranty i wanted to know if their is a way to create a relay so that when i hit unlock the domelights come on and when i hit unlock they go off. Is their any way to do this please let me know asap

dcman41 
Posted: December 06, 2005 at 1:12 AM / IP Logged  
I was wondering how i should go about hooking this up in a 98 ford explorer sport ive tried a few different relays but none of them see mto work. I think the 791xv has a bad domelight output because the relay doesnt even try to click. But when i touch a ground to the -domelight output The relay finally kicks over and the domelights flash. What is wrong ? Do i have the relay wired wrong?
spud440 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: December 06, 2005 at 7:29 AM / IP Logged  

Test the domelight output wire with a multi meter. Otherwise here is a link how to hook up your relay. https://www.the12volt.com/relays/page4.asp If you look to your left on this page under basics click on relays and you can break it down on how to use relays in different situations.

dcman41 
Posted: December 06, 2005 at 7:46 AM / IP Logged  
already tested the domelight wire im 100% positive that it is right and i tried the relay for positive domelight but it still would only kick on when i hit the relay with another ground on the domelight output
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic