icon

2004 Saturn Ion Viper 791xv Remote Start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
malakai 
Member - Posts: 33
Member spacespace
Posted: December 04, 2005 at 2:07 AM / IP Logged  
First off I would like to thank you all for the great amount of info on these forums. I have had a few successful installs thanks to you all. Now Down to business.
I'm working on a 2004 Saturn Ion 4 door coupe
I'm installing a Viper 791xv alarm.
I have the alarm installed and working with the execption of the remote start. The alarm will arm, disarm, door locks, trunk rls, door triggers, truck trigger, all work without problem. The car will start just fine with the key but when you try to start it via the remote the car will energize the accessory circuit like it is going to start but then the starter will not crank. It will repeat this 3 times (as it should). There are no shutdown codes on the alarm. The remote start will not start the car even if the key is in the ignition. I have researched this subject but can't seem to find any answers.
The way I have the satellite connected currently is,
Purple and green wires are taped up and not used.
Both red wires are connected to 12volt constant from the BCM.
Orange (accessory) is connected to the Brown accessory wire at the ignition harness.
Pink (ignition) is connected to the Blue iginition wire are the ignition harness.
Pink/white is connected to the Pink from the 556LW as was instructed by directfax 1610.pdf (after learning the resistance from the blue ignition wire).
I have a 556LW module installed
Pink connected to the pink/white on the satellite relay.
BLACK / YELLOW is conneted to the BCM side of the white wire (igintion harness).
Yellow is connected to the switch side of the white wire same location.
Black is set to the same ground as the rest of the system.
Blue/Black is connected to the Blue status wire (-) from the satellite relay.
Red is connected to 12v constant.
All leads have been ohmed and dmm tested for the correct voltage. I know this car has no starter wire and starts when it sees a drop in acc. voltage. Any suggestions or if I missed something please let me know. Thanks for your time and again for all the good info on here.
Malakai
Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: December 04, 2005 at 7:22 AM / IP Logged  
We had a Malabu the other day that had the same problem(They have the same wiring). We ended up runing a negative during crank to the yellow wire at the ECM and it worked fine....
Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
malakai 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 04, 2005 at 12:22 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the info. Did you just run a relay off the satellite relay to send a negitive pulse?
Malakai
malakai 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 04, 2005 at 4:03 PM / IP Logged  
Well I went back and disconnected the 556lw and reinstalled it including relearning the resistance and it started this time. I'm not sure if relearning the code was the key but it starts and everything works now.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic