the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

Problem with 2003 Altima on AS-2600 unit.

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
thepencil 
Gold - Posts: 1,526
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 05, 2005 at 11:28 AM / IP Logged  
2003 Alitma, with AutoStart AS-2600. I got a smoke up starter motor 9 hours after it was install. Story from the customer is car was idling in a parking lot with key in the ignition cylinder, smelling something funny. Shut the car off and was unable to start the car again with the key. My colleague arrives to too access and see if it was an installation issue. Wiring is correct and no smell of smoke or shorting problem appearing from the inside. Module is removed from the vehicle and advice the customer to get the car back to the dealer to get the smoke put back into the starter motor first or where ever it came from. Afterward, send me the bill if the remote starter installation is at fault. Not my first remote starter install for this type of car, but my first starter motor problem of my career. I thought you guys might want to know and in return amuse me with your similar problem you might have encounter.     
GREEN / WHITE tach wire behind glove box was not used because dealer advice of ECM code going off. Use the uncommon tach wire in the front instead.
I know what a second starter wire is. I know how to set a jumper.   I know how to learn a tach. I know how to test a wire and finally I know how to use a digital mulitmeter.
My questions to you guys of what I don’t know?
Anyone got a service bulletin issue out for this car that I am not aware of?
Anyone encounter glitches in the ignition switch for the Altima where there is feedback from the ignition switch on the accessory wire to the starter wire? I am aware of putting in a starter kill to solve the problem with the starter not disengaging, but without a starter kill it has work time and time again so I don’t see the theory behind that.
Anyone encounter AS-2600 unit problem? Fairly new unit, so I am not sure how it’s holding out. Anyways, amuse me if time permits. Thanks.
Be careful whose advice you buy, but be patient with those who supply it.Problem with 2003 Altima on AS-2600 unit. -- posted image.
northern 
Copper - Posts: 154
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 05, 2005 at 12:36 PM / IP Logged  

How are you going to trust the dealership on this issue, of course the dealer will probably say its the remote starters fault? I mean some of those guys are legit and would probably say what the real problem is, but others first response is going to be remote starter is at fault.

thepencil 
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 05, 2005 at 1:13 PM / IP Logged  
northern wrote:

How are you going to trust the dealership on this issue, of course the dealer will probably say its the remote starters fault? I mean some of those guys are legit and would probably say what the real problem is, but others first response is going to be remote starter is at fault.

It's out of my hand, but I still believe there are good professional out there just as there are good remote starter installer. Most important part of this is the customer is very understanding with the issue at hand. He also know I am will paid for the repair if it's deem my problem, so he is cool about it. He also has paid and confirm the next appointment with another car with me this weekend. It's a Chirstams gift, so I hope it will turn out better on his next car.    
Be careful whose advice you buy, but be patient with those who supply it.Problem with 2003 Altima on AS-2600 unit. -- posted image.
jacqueslacombe 
Copper - Posts: 124
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 06, 2005 at 1:15 AM / IP Logged  

Problem with 2003 Altima on AS-2600 unit. -- posted image. Hi! Well the only thing I can say  I tink the problem still the ignition switch  It's not my first

time that Isee this problem on nissan car.    When  the switch  is off   the acc. and the starter  are touching togetter into the switch.  Sometime this is intermittent .   I've seen this

on toyota echo  and lexus .  A goob way to check this problem is to remote start the car and then play with the key  from off to ignition slowly a couple of time to see if the starter will engage!          Like you said you can use a relais to fix the problem.

cocolaboy
thepencil 
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 07, 2005 at 10:06 AM / IP Logged  
Customer got their car back. Dealer did a complete scan and was able to put the smoke back into the starter motor. Problem with 2003 Altima on AS-2600 unit. -- posted image. Customer was told that water got into the solonid and not related to the remote starter installation. Big relief for all of us at the shop. Anyways, I'll will be checking the switch thoroughly when I reinstall the unit just to ensure I'll be keeping my Christmas holiday spending money.
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 07, 2005 at 12:14 PM / IP Logged  
A bad story with a good ending......need more of these.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic