icon

acura rsx type s manual remorte start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
celaya4 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: December 05, 2005 at 9:24 PM / IP Logged  

I have a hornet alarm system and i need help getting the remote start to work. its a 6spd. my friend got it to work before but i had to remove it because of the dealership i didn't want to get caught with it on but now i don't talk to him anymore. can anyone help thanks

Celaya
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 06, 2005 at 12:57 AM / IP Logged  
Post the year of the vehicle. And what type of help do you need?
JWorm 
Platinum - Posts: 2,208
Platinum spacespace
Posted: December 06, 2005 at 1:02 PM / IP Logged  
He's got an automatic remote start in a standard vehicle. Good luck....most people here won't help you crash your car and possibly injure people.
celaya4 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 08, 2005 at 3:35 PM / IP Logged  

its a 2002 acura rsx type s 6spd manual transmission. need help setting up the remote start on a hornet alarm system.

i didn't know there was a difference in automatic and standard alarm systems and if you know anything about remote starts on newer standard vehicles  you would know that you can't crash your car. it will just start then turn off. just like if you would pop your clutch.

Celaya
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 08, 2005 at 10:18 PM / IP Logged  

ita all just matters on witch gear you leave your car in.......

I say, don't take the chance!!!

05gt 
Silver - Posts: 628
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 08, 2005 at 10:22 PM / IP Logged  
celaya4 wrote:

its a 2002 acura rsx type s 6spd manual transmission. need help setting up the remote start on a hornet alarm system.

i didn't know there was a difference in automatic and standard alarm systems and if you know anything about remote starts on newer standard vehicles  you would know that you can't crash your car. it will just start then turn off. just like if you would pop your clutch.

that is pretty funny, if you remote started your standard vehicle, it won't stall out like you popped the clutch, it will start and start everytime cause you are bypassing the clutch,

celaya4 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 09, 2005 at 7:32 PM / IP Logged  

well what if you don't bypass the clutch. think about that.... when i had it installed before i still needed to put the clutch inorder to start my car..

well thanks for the help anyway

Celaya
infinkc 
Copper - Posts: 438
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 09, 2005 at 8:34 PM / IP Logged  
celaya4 wrote:

well what if you don't bypass the clutch. think about that....

well thanks for the help anyway

thought about it and if you dont bypass the clutch you wont be able to start the car because the clutch has to be pressed in to start the car.
celaya4 wrote:

when i had it installed before i still needed to put the clutch inorder to start my car..

when you had it installed before you had to press the clutch to start the car for the remote start?
kinda useless for a remote start then.
What you have to do is bypass the clutch with a relay so you still have to press the pedal when you normally start the car, but it will bypass the clutch when the remote start kicks in. Not too reccomended but people do RS on manual vehicles.
If you bypass the switch all together and leave your car in gear, remote start it it will keep going, only reason your car stalls out when you let out the clutch is because your engine is spinning at 600rpm then comes to a dead halt when a 0 rpm tranny is added. Try it sometime and bypass the clutch with a wire, my old 88 civic had no clutch switch and if i would turn the ignition while the car was in gear the power of the starter would pull the car forward and eventually the car would keep going.
There are 10 types of people in the world, ones that understand binary and ones that dont.
celaya4 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 10, 2005 at 9:19 PM / IP Logged  

well when i would not do remote start and just get in my car and turn on my car i would have to push the clutch down inorder to start it. and one day i forgot to take it out of 1st gear and while i was walking up to my car i did the remote start and my car just turned on and then stalled out like if i poped the clutch and another time i did it when i was in the car just to see what happens.

im not trying to argue with you guys im just telling you how it was. i am not a car alarm expert thats why i am asking for some help. why my car didn't take off when it was in gear and i did the remote start i don't know.  thanks a bunch

Celaya

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic