icon

2005 Nissan Frontier stereo ideas?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
link123 
Member - Posts: 21
Member spacespace
Posted: December 05, 2005 at 9:40 PM / IP Logged  

Have anyone install or know of anyone who install killer system in this truck??   Need some ideas!! 

link123 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 07, 2005 at 10:34 PM / IP Logged  

bump

symbology 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: December 09, 2005 at 6:35 PM / IP Logged  

Well,

It would help if you included the model of truck.  Crew or King or XE?

I just picked up an '05 King Cab and I am in the process of getting a stereo installed.

I can get deals on Sony stuff, so I have a Sony HU, with (1) 4ch and (1) 2ch amp.  I will also be adding a Sony CD changer and putting it under the fold down seat in the back.  The amps will be put under the seat as I want them out of the way.

For speakers,  I did a bit of research in trying to find some small subs to put in this truck.   I was looking at some JL Audio 6w0 which seemed like they might work out well.  Why a small sub?  I wanted some low-end response, but I did not want to give up too much room.    Well anyway, while searching for small subs I stumbled upon a company called Elemental Designs (ED).   I read a lot of reviews on their stuff and everyone seemed to like them.  They liked them a lot.  So, after much deliberation on my part, I ordered the following from them.

(2) EU-700 (6.5" sub)

(1) eDI 6500 (6.5" components for the front

(1) eDI 6000 (6.5" components for the rear.

I spoke to a local shop, and they have agreed to build a small box in the bottom of each of the rear doors to accept the 6.5" subs.   Then I will put the 6500's in the front stock locations and the 6000 in the rear.

I am no where near complete with this, I have just ordered everything and am waiting for delivery.  So far with the various companies I have dealt with I like ED and a company that I bought some wiring from called Knu Koncepts.  Both have been great to deal with.

I will provide an update when I can.

Good luck

link123 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 09, 2005 at 10:56 PM / IP Logged  
I have the crew LE
symbology 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: December 10, 2005 at 10:35 PM / IP Logged  

What are you looking for? 

What I have found is that Tacoma owners tend to modifiy their trucks more, or at least write about it on the web.  You can look in other truck forums for ideas.

Good luck,

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic