the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

Myron & Davis or Alpine TME-M710 monitor?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
alpine0000 
Copper - Posts: 160
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 07, 2005 at 7:56 AM / IP Logged  

which monitor has better quality? i believe they are both TFT. i really dont care about cost, so that isnt an issue in this debate.

i can either order the Myron and Davis monitors already in the headrests to colormatch my interior, or just get the alpine monitors and custom install them in the headrests.

so, for those of you who have seen the picture quality on both, which is better?

infinkc 
Copper - Posts: 438
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 07, 2005 at 9:53 PM / IP Logged  
alpines are great monitors but ive seen alot of them have dead pixles over a few years, not sure if anyone else has seen this problem, i would just go with the myron monitors, will be already ready to put in, and you can always put your stock headrest back in the car if you ever decide to sell, if its for your kids to watch i doubt they will be able to tell any difference in picture quality.
There are 10 types of people in the world, ones that understand binary and ones that dont.
aloe_cool 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: December 07, 2005 at 11:13 PM / IP Logged  
if you got the d-310, i'd just stick with alpine since you can control the back monitors from the d-310
alpine0000 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 08, 2005 at 5:43 AM / IP Logged  

aloe_cool wrote:
if you got the d-310, i'd just stick with alpine since you can control the back monitors from the d-310

would i not be able to control the myron and davis monitors from the head unit? (as far as what is playing on them)

also, i just mainly wanna know in this thread the picture quality difference. its not kids watching it. i have them in an SUV that i take on ski trips with friends a lot. it would be adults watching it. not that it matters, cause if im spending the $ i want the best screen quality i can get Myron & Davis or Alpine TME-M710 monitor? -- posted image.

ss-installer 
Silver - Posts: 444
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 08, 2005 at 7:08 AM / IP Logged  

i like the myrons. we carry those and havent had a complaint yet. great picture.

infinkc 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 09, 2005 at 8:46 PM / IP Logged  
if you dont care about cost and you are getting the D310 i would suggest getting the alpine VPE-S431 and 2 Alpine TME-M770 monitors instead. Will give you full touchscreen control at each monitor to control the sources
There are 10 types of people in the world, ones that understand binary and ones that dont.
alpine0000 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 10, 2005 at 6:17 AM / IP Logged  

why would people in the back seat need to control the monitors? i think the tme-m770 touch screen monitors are made more for a navigation monitor then a headrest monitor. the 710 monitor is the same thing but without touchscreen. i think this is a more practical headrest monitor. your right, im not too concerned about cost, but i just dont see any point to having touchscreen headrest monitors.

i already have the 310 head unit. the people in the back will be watching whatever DVD the people in the front are watching, so they do not need control of anything. am i right, or is there another reason why they would need touchscreen? am i overlooking soomething?

infinkc 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 10, 2005 at 11:51 AM / IP Logged  
only reason you would want the touch screen is so that the people in back have independent control over what they watch, just like a video switcher. So they dont have to be watching the same dvd you have in front, if you have multiple sources going into the unit, like playing a game instead or listening to the radio or cd changer thay can choose what they want since the monitors have seperate headphone outputs. But if you always want what is playing on the front screen to be on the rears you can use any monitor, both the myron and alpine are great screens and picture quality, its just like buying a tv for you home, once its in your not going to have anything to compare it side to side with, so you will never notice a picture difference.
alpine0000 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 10, 2005 at 6:28 PM / IP Logged  

infinkc wrote:
only reason you would want the touch screen is so that the people in back have independent control over what they watch, just like a video switcher. So they dont have to be watching the same dvd you have in front, if you have multiple sources going into the unit, like playing a game instead or listening to the radio or cd changer thay can choose what they want since the monitors have seperate headphone outputs. But if you always want what is playing on the front screen to be on the rears you can use any monitor, both the myron and alpine are great screens and picture quality, its just like buying a tv for you home, once its in your not going to have anything to compare it side to side with, so you will never notice a picture difference.

yea, i do not have any other sources of video, such as a video game console, or second DVD player. there is only 1 dvd player (the one thats built into the head unit). so its watch that, or watch nothing. nor do i have haedphone jacks. everybody in the car will be watching the same thing all the time - period. thus, i dont think i need the touch screen function Myron & Davis or Alpine TME-M710 monitor? -- posted image.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic