icon

2003 hyndai tiburon remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
bigt_45 
Copper - Posts: 48
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 07, 2005 at 12:09 PM / IP Logged  
I am adding a STARTNR2 remote start to a factory keyless entry in a 2003 hyndai tiburon.  I am going to wire the factory arm to trigger the remote starter.  I have heard that the door locks are weird on this car.  Do I need any extra relays or what?  Also, do I need any bypass modules?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.
boomer_106 
Silver - Posts: 710
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 07, 2005 at 9:10 PM / IP Logged  
Hyundai | | Tiburon | | 2003 - 2003

Remote Starter Wiring Colors and Notes
FunctionVehicle ColorLocation
Start:White (+)
Ignition #1:Red (+)Ignition switch harness*
Ignition #2:N/AIgnition switch harness
Ignition #3:N/AIgnition switch harness
Accessory:Pink (+)Ignition switch harness
Brake Light:White (+)Brake pedal switch
Tach Signal:White (AC)23 pin connector in passenger kick panel
Parking Lights:Pink/Black & GREEN/ Oranger (+)22 pin connector @ BCM**
Headlights:
Diesel Glow Plug:
Clutch Bypass Wire:
Notes:*This vehicle is equipped with a transponder immobilizer system. Use Universal Alarm Bypass Module part # 2X402 where X can be any number or use vehicle specific bypass module part # 23554. **The Body Control Module (BCM) is part of the fure/relay box u
Alarm and Keyless Entry Wiring Colors and Notes
FunctionVehicle ColorLocation
Constant +12 Volts:Red (+)Ignition switch harness
OEM Alarm Disarm:
OEM Horn:GREEN/ Black (-)Steering column harness
Power Lock:yellow+)22 pin connector @ BCM***
Power Unlock:blue(+)22 pin connector @ BCM***
Trunk Release:Blue (+)Drivers kick panel
Alarm Input Wire:
Notes:***The yellow wire will test when moving the driver lock knob, the blue wire will test when moving the passenger lock knob. See Note #201 Negative Trigger Door Locks
bigt_45 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 08, 2005 at 10:46 AM / IP Logged  
That doesnt help me much. I guess I need to be more specific. The STARTNR2 does not trigger the factory alarm or keyless entry, it is an add on. I want the keyless entry lock pulse to trigger the remote start, but I have heard that this car has a single wire setup. Will I be able to get a negative pulse from the keyless entry anywhere?
boomer_106 
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 08, 2005 at 8:37 PM / IP Logged  

bigt_45 wrote:
That doesnt help me much. I guess I need to be more specific. The STARTNR2 does not trigger the factory alarm or keyless entry, it is an add on. I want the keyless entry lock pulse to trigger the remote start, but I have heard that this car has a single wire setup. Will I be able to get a negative pulse from the keyless entry anywhere?

Well in your first post you asked if you needed any bypass modules. The sheet tells you that you do. You want the keyless entry lock pulse to trigger the remote start?  So everytime you lock your car you want to remote start it? 

You can always use a relay to convert a positive pulse to a negative pulse if you want to.       https://www.the12volt.com/relays/page1.asp

bigt_45 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 08, 2005 at 9:04 PM / IP Logged  
The remote starter is configured so that it can accept 1,2,3,or4 pulses to start the car.  I am going to set it at 2 so that when i lock the car twice, it will start.  I dont think it is just  a matter of changing polarity on the door locks.  They are single wire, so i think the relay setup is different.  The problem I have is to determine whether or not I can add a relay to get the negative output pulse, or if maybe i can get lucky and the motor have a negative pulse...I just don't know.  Thanks for the help so far.
boomer_106 
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 08, 2005 at 9:22 PM / IP Logged  
Ok I think I'm now getting a clearer picture. I'm not familiar with the Startnr2 so I had no idea how it works.  If I understand right you're saying you need 2 negative pulses to trigger the remote start?    If that is correct then how bout since your keyless entry outputs a positive signal, you take that signal and, convert it to negative using a relay. Obviously you don't cut the door lock wire in half rather, just tie into it. Now you can pulse the locks twice and have your negative trigger.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic