icon

Eclipse 5341R auxillary input woes

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
morthane 
Member - Posts: 15
Member spacespace
Posted: December 07, 2005 at 1:54 PM / IP Logged  
I decided to try contacting Eclipse to see if I could get auxillary devices to work with my old 5341R deck. Here's the email correspondence:
---------------------------------------------------------
I have an Eclipse 5341R car CD receiver. Will an AUX105 cable work with
this deck?
Mike
Subject: RE: Question regarding AUX105 compatibility
Mike,
The AUX105 is not compatible with the 54341R.
Tech Support
To: Technical Support
Is there a product available (or at the very least, was in production) that enables the auxilary input for the 5341R? I realize this is a legacy
product.
Mike
Sorry to say that we dont have anything that will give it an AUX compability
thank you
To: Technical Support
So what you're saying is the engineers spent a few man hours wiring connections that serve no purpose? I know at the very least that the connection was meant for a 6 disc changer. If this input can support a 6 disc changer, why can't it support anything else? At the very least, I was expecting that someone could tell me "yes, there was a legacy product that connected to this head unit. Users have found that by splicing the connecting cord, they can use other auxillary devices", or even say "yes, there was a legacy product that connected to this head unit. Eclipse uses a technology similar to Sony's UniLink technology that prevents any other type of device from connecting, and Eclipse never developed any other device".
I also remember there is an RCA cable that, if memory serves me, marked "PREAMP IN". I can plug a device into that and it will play over the speakers, but it bypasses the deck amplification, all deck controls, and any amplifiers that are hooked up to the deck. I assume this needs to be used in conjunction to the other black-colorerd connection...
Mike
---------------------------------------------------------
Does anyone else have an answer that might be more helpful? I mean, the connection are THERE and had to be used for SOEMTHING, otherwise they wouldn't exist past engineering test samples.
Nigel Tufnel: What we do is, if we need that extra push over the cliff, you know what we do?
Marty DiBergi: Put it up to eleven.
Nigel Tufnel: Eleven. Exactly. One louder.
-This is Spinal Tap
stevdart 
Platinum - Posts: 5,816
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 07, 2005 at 8:53 PM / IP Logged  
What is this, like, a rant post or something?
Build the box so that it performs well in the worst case scenario and, in return, it will reward you at all times.
morthane 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 08, 2005 at 12:07 AM / IP Logged  
Does anyone else have an answer that might be more helpful? I mean, the connections are THERE and had to be used for SOMETHING, otherwise they wouldn't exist past engineering test samples
Nigel Tufnel: What we do is, if we need that extra push over the cliff, you know what we do?
-This is Spinal Tap
sedate 
Silver - Posts: 1,173
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 08, 2005 at 1:02 AM / IP Logged  
Dude I totally agree, they MUST be for something!
"I'm finished!" - Daniel Plainview
morthane 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 08, 2005 at 12:48 PM / IP Logged  
Oh gee you think so too? No, it couldn't be for something like a CD changer... it must be something magical since Eclipse doesn't know either.
Wow, talk about a great forum. I'm used to people sometimes not reading all the way through a post, but blatant sarcasm? I'm not an idiot, and just because I can't get Eclipse support to get off its butt and I get hassled by a few forum jockeys isn't going to stop me from researching.
I tried asking a simple question in the hopes I'd get some honest help and replies, but maybe that's too mature of a thing to ask from the12volt.com's members.
-This is Spinal Tap

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic