icon

compustar automatic still needs reserv?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
JWorm 
Platinum - Posts: 2,208
Platinum spacespace
Posted: December 10, 2005 at 5:22 PM / IP Logged  
irfan, you have the location and color of that wire? I had a customer ask me about setting an RX8 up that way earlier this year but I wasn't able to find the info. I have the info for Subaru's and have done quite a few that way.
Recently, Compustar has gotten rid of the loop inside the brain that determines auto/manual mode. They are now programmed from the factory for a particular mode.
I only recently became a Compustar dealer. In my first shipment of units (about 10) only 2 of the units had the loop. I tried using one of them, but kept getting 8 flashes....which isn't listed in the manual. I ended up swapping it out for a unit without the loop and it started working. Maybe there was a time where there was a loop, but the mode is still determined by how it was programmed at the factory. Did you get the unit in the last few months? I think that is when the change was made.
irfan 
Member - Posts: 22
Member spacespace
Posted: December 11, 2005 at 12:08 AM / IP Logged  
ya i got it from ebay. damn taht sucks if that is the case... maybe i can still exchange it.
the neutral wire comes off the transmission underneath the car.. its gray.. there are two gray wires there i think i cant remember which one it is tho.. test them with a DMM.
xtremeaudio 
Copper - Posts: 174
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 11, 2005 at 3:51 PM / IP Logged  
just look on your box what you have cm 3000 a or cm 3000 m you will need cm 300a for your car
TJ92Civic 
Copper - Posts: 161
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 11, 2005 at 4:51 PM / IP Logged  

irfan wrote:
i know its easy to set the reservation mode, i used the system like that for a while.. however pretty often i have to go grab something from my car, which cancels reservation mode. if this happens to be at 11PM id have to start the car and wait for it to warm up then set reservation mode and turn the car off... all so i could start the car in the morning. very annoying. my solution to the safety issue is to set it to automode and then set a relay inline from the starter wire so that it only passes the signal if the car is in neutral.

You don't have to warm the car up to reset the reservation mode. Just start it up, turn it off, and get out. Takes less than a minute...

tim

JWorm 
Platinum - Posts: 2,208
Platinum spacespace
Posted: December 11, 2005 at 4:58 PM / IP Logged  
TJ92Civic wrote:

You don't have to warm the car up to reset the reservation mode. Just start it up, turn it off, and get out. Takes less than a minute...

tim

I believe the RX8 has a known flooding issue with the engine if it is started and then immediately shut off. I've never owned one or driven one, but it is something I have heard before.
irfan 
Member - Posts: 22
Member spacespace
Posted: December 11, 2005 at 11:19 PM / IP Logged  
yes the 3000m is the correct unit for an manual car nad this is what i have.. BUT i want the auto version apparantly.
yes the rx8 has a flooding issue and thats the reason i cant just turn the car off immediately. if i could then i would take that route but i dont want to risk flooding the car by turning it off before it warms up.
JWorm.. since you are a compustar dealer do you have an open box 3000a unit i could exchange this with you for?
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic