icon

2004 toyota sienna, alarm/remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Powermyster 
Silver - Posts: 962
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 15, 2005 at 5:45 PM / IP Logged  
didn't know that scytek done an expander look for the install manual on www.scytek.net
Why oh Why didn't i take the blue pill
Darren Power
tewalk18 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: December 19, 2005 at 6:12 PM / IP Logged  
First off i would like to say that this is the first skytec alarm i have done and i would absolutely never buy any scytek product again, now i didnt get like the 40 dollar astra or whatever if i did id just say you get what you pay for but i got the galaxy 5100rs FM and this thing sucks!  It doest give any auxilary output, it says it does, it has a button for it on the remote, it has a wire for it coming from the brain but the wires dont do jack when you hit the button.  My hugest complaint right now is the quality of their connections which also suck!  I had given up on trunk pop and my window module since i wasnt getting any auxillary output but everything else was working, so i put everything back together only to find that nothing works anymore.  Upon further inspection i found the reason for this was that all 4 wires going from the antenna had come loose from their connnector into the brain, so here i am, i finally managed to pull the connector out of the brain but now i dont even know what wire goes to what pin to try to solder them myself.  If anyone knows what wire goes to what pin i would apreciate the help, and take it from me. STAY AWAY FROM SCYTEK!
Boostcaraudio 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: January 08, 2006 at 4:20 PM / IP Logged  

tewalk18 wrote:
First off i would like to say that this is the first skytec alarm i have done and i would absolutely never buy any scytek product again, now i didnt get like the 40 dollar astra or whatever if i did id just say you get what you pay for but i got the galaxy 5100rs FM and this thing sucks!  It doest give any auxilary output, it says it does, it has a button for it on the remote, it has a wire for it coming from the brain but the wires dont do jack when you hit the button.  My hugest complaint right now is the quality of their connections which also suck!  I had given up on trunk pop and my window module since i wasnt getting any auxillary output but everything else was working, so i put everything back together only to find that nothing works anymore.  Upon further inspection i found the reason for this was that all 4 wires going from the antenna had come loose from their connnector into the brain, so here i am, i finally managed to pull the connector out of the brain but now i dont even know what wire goes to what pin to try to solder them myself.  If anyone knows what wire goes to what pin i would apreciate the help, and take it from me. STAY AWAY FROM SCYTEK!

Failure to install an alarm incorrectly will most likely malfunction the unit. The quality of the Scytek equipment is very high quality. Amongst the best in the forum. They have been in the business for over 20 years. Before you post rude and onoxious comments get your facts straight. Only becuase you broke your own alarm you must bad mouth a company. Call Scytek and try to get some help, they are extremely helpful.

nava94 
Silver - Posts: 296
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2006 at 12:18 AM / IP Logged  
if it is very high quality why is there more than one posting about this alarm. I've installed it too and had a couple of bad units and they were installed correctly.He did not say he broke his antenna ribbon, or alarm, the pins came out, or fell out. Don't take his comments to the heart I know you worship Scytek like others worship DEI products. If that alarm does not have features to program like latch,etc. on your outputs you should of spend the extra bucks on another alarm/remote start, depending on what install you were planning on doing.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic