Clutch bypass problems

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
repmud 
Copper - Posts: 54
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 10, 2005 at 6:10 PM / IP Logged  

https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp?tid=65519&KW=cavalier

Above is a post I searched and followed for my car.  The only differrence is I have a 02, the car in the post is an 04, but I don't think it matters.  I am pretty sure the wires are the same.  I hooked up the starter wire from the remote starter to the clutch wire, everything was fine.  I get in the car yestarday and turn the key by accident without pushing in the clutch, the car started.  I then discontected the wires, I assumed it was back feeding from the car's starter wire and tried something else.  Below is what I have now.

I put in 2 momentary switches that I have behind my shifter, they both must be depressed in order for the remote starter to work.  One switch grounds out the hood pin the other switch connects the ground while running wire.  I have the ground while running wire going to the data bus module and I also use it to activate the clutch relay.  I have constant 12V going to pin 86 and 30, 87 to clutch wire, 85 gound while running.  Here is what's going on, the starter will not stop cranking when I activate the remote start, I figure out what I did, I constantly am supplying the circuit with 12v while I activate the remote starter. 

Question is what can I do to stop it?  Can I use the starter wire from the remote starter to power up pin 86 and 30 instead?  Whill this solve my continuous crank problem?  Will the clutch switch in the car still work?  I would like to continue using the relay because it is part of my safety device.

repmud 
Copper - Posts: 54
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 11, 2005 at 9:12 PM / IP Logged  
Nevermind I got everything working the way I want it to.  I would like some confirmation that I am not going to burn the car down though.  I am using the starter wire from the remote starter to supply the relay for the clutch bypass.  I have the wire going to pin 86 and 30, 87 to clutch wire, and 85 to the (-) trigger wire.  The momentary switches are for a device I made to fit over the shifter.  It's just a little more added piece of mind for me, the unit is made for M/T but I wanted something more. 

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic