icon

2001 Ford Focus, Prostart Remote Starter

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
rdl212 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: December 12, 2005 at 8:43 AM / IP Logged  

I have purhased the new Prostart CT3400TW with plans on installing it on my wife's 2001 Ford Focus (4door).  I have only installed one other car starter before, however, I have done a lot of research up to this point.  I have also purchased the BP350 key bypass kit. 

If anyone could provide information(or things to be aware of) on the above installation it would be greatly appreciated.

Specifically, I am unsure if I need to diode isolate the wires to the door lock/unlock.  Again, this is a 4 door car with 2 stage unlock (1 for driver, 2wice for all doors).  If so, how is this done.  Also, do I need to do anything with the cars keysense wire, or will the bypass kit take care of it.

Thanks

sparkie 
Platinum - Posts: 2,061
Platinum spacespace
Posted: December 12, 2005 at 7:08 PM / IP Logged  
The only thing that may foul you up is you will have to use a 12 volt jumper wire to hot wire the brake switch in the programming section. The brake switch only works when the ignition is on.
sparky
pimpedprobegt 
Member - Posts: 22
Member spacespace
Posted: December 14, 2005 at 10:21 PM / IP Logged  
another thing to watch is that the trunk release can be a pain to find unless you grab it directly at the switch in the dash. 
kohara73 
Copper - Posts: 192
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 18, 2005 at 10:15 AM / IP Logged  

I have done a few of these cars and your two stage unlock goes out the window because you are basically tapping into the power lock switch, not the keylesss entry sys.  Also, depending on where you got your wiring diag. from it may say that the lock and unlock wires are in the dr. kick panel.  The easiest place to get them may be at the GEM behind the glove box.  Also, make sure that the car is unlocked (all doors) with factory remote before you install, as the door lock switch will not work after a few minutes when locked by factory remote.

Keith

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic