icon

93 Tbird remote start prob

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
scbird 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: December 13, 2005 at 9:13 PM / IP Logged  
Hello, Im tring to hook up a cheap alarm and remote start on old tbird. I really dont want the alarm so I dont want a starter interupt. All I want it for the start,locks and trunk.  Everything works but the remote start. The instuctions on the starter module dose not clearly tell me where to hook up the yellow wire. My last alarm ,a Directed said to cut the starter wire but this one only had one wire. On the 10P connector it has a yellow  22 gauge wire to what looks like a starter interupt relay. alarm is a prosperous AQB-858. Thanks
scbird 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 13, 2005 at 10:20 PM / IP Logged  
Update, The starter works now but I had to bypass the green wire to a ignition on wire because of a dead switch on the parking brake wire. The parking brake sticks so it is not used {AUTOMATIC TRANS }but im shure this is my trigger or safety for the remote start. The car will not start in gear so can I bypass this? The problem is when you use the remote start and you get in and put the key to on the parking lights still blink. Even when you step on the brakes. When the green wire has power it keeps the system active but when the 12+ is cut from this wire it deacivates the system. How can I keep power to this wire untill startup as it works off the parking brake light?
scbird 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 13, 2005 at 10:26 PM / IP Logged  
I did try to post a pic but I think someone will know what im talking about. Thanks, Mark

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic