icon

Bulldog remote starter and Chysler

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jnjn 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: December 14, 2005 at 12:39 AM / IP Logged  

Hi all, anyone has a problem unlocking and disarming the Chrysler 1996 Towwn and Country factory alarm ? I have managed to set up everything to work, incliuding locking/arming, but I can not unlock it with a 665 Ohm resistror , if I use a 250 Ohm, it would work unlocking the door but it does not disarm it. Any ideas will be very much appreciated.

Thanks - John.

05gt 
Silver - Posts: 628
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 14, 2005 at 12:49 AM / IP Logged  
Ravendarat 
Platinum - Posts: 2,806
Platinum spacespace
Posted: December 14, 2005 at 1:00 AM / IP Logged  
Dont quote me on this but you might need to double pulse the disarm wire to unlock the doors, and I also believe that it is a 620 ohm resistor so your resistor is incorrect as well, at least according to my info
double-secret reverse-osmosis speaker-cone-induced high-level interference distortion, Its a killer
jnjn 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 14, 2005 at 1:04 AM / IP Logged  

Thanks for a quick guidance. But I have a Bulldog Deluxe 500 and it does not have the wires as shown in the top diagram or the bottom one, and I was told by Tech support that it has built-in relays ans all I need to do is to attach a 4020 Ohm and 665 Ohm to Lock/Unlock output wires respectively. And I managed to get the Locking wire to work !?

Does it do any harm if I install additional relays ? and there are 2 relays 778 and 775, which one should I use if it is the case ? 

jnjn 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 19, 2005 at 1:44 AM / IP Logged  

I have solved the problem and also learned a good trick to disarm it without unlocking the doors by chance. The remote starter unit has a feature that can be programmed (by installer) to send a pulse for a longer period, for this particular RS unit, the factory default is .9 s, and this is enough time to trigger the disarming signal, but too short for unlocking the doors. I resolved this by programming it to send a longer pulse (3.5 s), this will disarm and unlocking it. After successfully starting the engine, the RS will re-lock the doors by itself.

All the resistor values are correct at 665 and 4020 Ohms for Unlocking/Locking and no additional relays needed for this RS model.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic