icon

is Audiobahn all show?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
audiobahnlove 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: December 14, 2005 at 12:48 AM / IP Logged  

I have a few questions - ok is Audiobahn all show? - Do Audiobahn CD players suck??? there like 500$ so u shouldnt think so but wut do u think? and are compacitors useless??? and i am changing my setup compared to the last one - the last one would be a lil to spendy and prolly louder but i am goin to try a Rockford Fosgate amp with two 10 inch Audiobahn subs in an 1997 extended cab chevy S-10 - how do u think that will do for decibles? i am not sure on the box size or dimensions but its a nice box i use to have two Sony 10's in there and those werent bad at all - pretty loud for sony - but now i am goin to put 2 Audiobahn AW1000Q subs in there so tell me wut u think and what i should do for speakers - i only have places for 2 6.5 speakers and 2 4x10 speakers tell me wut to do for speakers and which of these would be better - like a really nice battery or a really nice amp

audiobahnlove 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: December 14, 2005 at 12:49 AM / IP Logged  
for the last part that was my bad about the smilely - and i meant to say - which would be better a really nice battery or a really nice cap
dwarren 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 1,811
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 14, 2005 at 2:06 AM / IP Logged  
audiobahnlove wrote:

- ok is Audiobahn all show? - Do Audiobahn CD players suck??? there like 500$ so u shouldnt think so but wut do u think? and are compacitors useless??? which of these would be better - like a really nice battery or a really nice amp

Not necessarily, but are there better sounding and performing products?-YES, audiobahn is a company that emphasises form over function. Although there are plenty of people who use a-bahn and like it, so to each their own.

The same goes for the cd players, although those seem paricularly bottom of the barrel. Just because they have a high price tage doesn't mean they are great. Don't be fooled by price tags.

audiobahnlove wrote:

and are compacitors useless???

Considering there is no such thing, yes they are useless. Do a search, here on the site. Please actually read what has been written time and time again about caps, here is a start, https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/search.asp?KW=caps&SM=1&SI=TC&FM=2&OB=1

audiobahnlove wrote:

which of these would be better-like a really nice battery or a really nice cap

Umm, well when you are done properly researching the topic (caps)  you will find the answer to this question.

honomichl 
Copper - Posts: 128
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 14, 2005 at 2:27 AM / IP Logged  
It depends on the install. At my highschool this one guy has two audiobahn 15's rated about 1000 rms a peice(he does have the power to push them the 1000 a peice and a little). I heard them. WASN"T impressed. They got some what loud but for 1000 watts a peice.Two 12 inch Hx2 could have beat that no problem. sounded really sloppy. Recently i heard two 12 inch audiobahn subs all i know they were rated 350 watts rms a peice in vented box in the back of a blazer. On a audio bahn 800 watt amp. And all i can say is wow. And they sounded awesome.  He was hitting 138-140 still can't beleive it.
you can't be ahead of the curb if you aren't LIVIN LOUD
haemphyst 
Platinum - Posts: 5,054
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 14, 2005 at 7:34 AM / IP Logged  
Yes. You would not be able to GIVE me Audiobahn gear. I would rather spend that decent money for GOOD equipment - like Xplod. NOT
sprahl85 wrote:
They all have fat surrounds, long excursion capabilities, so they will get loud, and with the right amp they will sound ok.
That is a complete misconception. Longer throw woofers will NEVER be louder than an otherwise similar driver with a short excursion.
It all reminds me of something that Molière once said to Guy de Maupassant at a café in Vienna: "That's nice. You should write it down."
dzelaya18 
Copper - Posts: 49
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 14, 2005 at 10:45 AM / IP Logged  
I have an Audiobahn amp, and its okay. I do not think that it is actually putting out the power that it claims...I think that it sounds about a hundred watts or so less powerful than its rating. I'm not too upset over it though, since I was able to get it at dealer price with no mark up. I think my next amp will be a different brand, though.
haemphyst 
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 14, 2005 at 12:35 PM / IP Logged  
haemphyst wrote:
Yes. You would not be able to GIVE me Audiobahn gear. I would rather spend that decent money for GOOD equipment - like Xplod. NOT
sprahl85 wrote:
They all have fat surrounds, long excursion capabilities, so they will get loud, and with the right amp they will sound ok.
That is a complete misconception. Longer throw woofers will NEVER be louder than an otherwise similar driver with a short excursion.
I got called. My above post was a bit too general. Allow me to elaborate.
There have been discussions reagarding that statement here before, and I should have read more carefully the statement that sprahl85 made. He did specify "with the right amp" and he is completely correct. My assumption was that he was simply saying that just because of the long throw, they will be louder. the amplifier and supporting enclosure are FAR more important to the ultimate output of a subwoofer system than is the fact that it may have a big ol' surround.
It all reminds me of something that Molière once said to Guy de Maupassant at a café in Vienna: "That's nice. You should write it down."
dwarren 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 1,811
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 14, 2005 at 1:09 PM / IP Logged  

Yeah those Eclipse subs really are lame, Phat surrounds and a "12'" cone that is actually the size of a 8" woofer...is Audiobahn all show? -- posted image.

haemphyst 
Posted: December 14, 2005 at 2:46 PM / IP Logged  
Yep, and I exploit that fact! I just tell people I have an 8" sub... (in a 12 inch BASKET!!!) sounds better that way... somehow more impressive... is Audiobahn all show? -- posted image.
kirktcashalini 
Silver - Posts: 492
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 14, 2005 at 6:34 PM / IP Logged  
i installed 1600Watts of audiobahn in a friends car cause he got them so cheap off ebay... the amp was pushing 800RMS the way we had it wired. ALL audiobahn. Sucked. My 500RMS rockfords easily twice as good.
99 Blazer LT.   Yellow Top. Big 3. Infinity Kappa Speakers All Around. Jensen CD/DVD flip out. 2 Infinity Kappa Perfect 12DVQs powered by a Alpine PDX600.1 (in one custom box, building a FG box)
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic