icon

2006 Cadillac DTS remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
JWorm 
Platinum - Posts: 2,208
Platinum spacespace
Posted: December 14, 2005 at 2:04 PM / IP Logged  
I have a customer interested in a remote start on a new DTs. Anybody do one of these yet?
DEI's techsheet seems to be incomplete. No info on lock wires given. Also it says they aren't sure about what has to be hooked up to bypass the PK3+. I'm curious what people have used for bypass modules/ doorlock modules. I'm thinking the Passlock white and WHITE/ black wires need to be wired like the relay setup for the Colorado and Ion. Then a key would have to be placed in a universal bypass box.
Here is a note given on DEI's techsheet:
There is a white wire and a WHITE/ black wire in the ignition harness, or the BCM, conn. C1, pins 2 and 4, that perform starter, second ignition, and key sense functions. No information at this time, if it is necessary to interface with these wires in addition to the PASS-key III+.
Any info anybody has would be appreciated.
tsmithlxix 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: December 14, 2005 at 3:25 PM / IP Logged  

I installed the Commando FM-870 (love that alarm) in my '00 DTS.  I used Bypasskit's PKG-5 and GMDL-2 for door lock, factory security shut-down and Passkey-3 bypass duties.  I've been using those for a couple of years now and they work great.  I see that they've basically combined the two of those modules into one now ( http://bypasskit.com/product.aspx?prodid=GMDL-BP&catid=12) and I'll assume it works just as well also.

I'm also guessing that the '06 DTS "nervous system" isn't very different from mine.

JWorm 
Platinum spacespace
Posted: December 14, 2005 at 3:36 PM / IP Logged  
The 2006 wiring appears to be a lot different than the previous years. The lack of a true starter wire at the ignition switch is just the beginning.
gus1 
Gold - Posts: 1,013
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 14, 2005 at 5:20 PM / IP Logged  
PK3+?
Might be very similar to the newest Malibu then. Basically, measure the resistance like a Colorado etc, and fire up a the 2 relay thing as DEI says, then you also need to sacrifice a key (or a valet key) and do a transponder as well. Passlock2 and PK3 all rolled into one. Fun fun fun
Gus
PS: There may be an XK application that may work....
Wherever I go, that is where I end up......
JWorm 
Platinum spacespace
Posted: December 14, 2005 at 5:34 PM / IP Logged  
gus1 wrote:
PK3+?
Might be very similar to the newest Malibu then. Basically, measure the resistance like a Colorado etc, and fire up a the 2 relay thing as DEI says, then you also need to sacrifice a key (or a valet key) and do a transponder as well. Passlock2 and PK3 all rolled into one. Fun fun fun
Gus
PS: There may be an XK application that may work....
Bypasskit.com doesn't list the car on their site yet.
Maybe a PKG7 would work.....its what I would normally use on a Malibu with PK3+
I'm hoping someone has done one. If not, I'll have to be the guinea pig.
gus1 
Gold - Posts: 1,013
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 14, 2005 at 6:02 PM / IP Logged  
This "DTS" is a new car? All I see that is close is the CTS and the STS. THe CTS still has normal GM colored wires at the key, but is PK3+.
Gus
Wherever I go, that is where I end up......
mobile1 
Silver - Posts: 479
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 14, 2005 at 6:30 PM / IP Logged  
The DTS is a new car. any newer than 06 is probably a deville. for keyless you need to go into the door and get RED / black and ORANGE / black, i believe.
sparkie 
Platinum - Posts: 2,061
Platinum spacespace
Posted: December 14, 2005 at 7:43 PM / IP Logged  
Most of the 2006 DTS's come equipped with a factory remote starter. You may want to have the customer check and see if the car is already equipped. You will probably need a key in a box as well as a module or relays to activate the starter to bypass the Passkey + system. Doorlocks and security will most likely have to done inside the driver's door.
sparky
DanDan 
Copper - Posts: 125
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 14, 2005 at 8:22 PM / IP Logged  
The DTS uses a new gm lan system. The Class 2 data is no more. Be careful. I thought the DTS comes standard with remote start now? I will have to find out from my caddy dealer and let you know. It will take a while for the aftermarket to catch up with this platform. The GM lan system has 3 speeds. It is very interesting.
DanDan
JWorm 
Platinum spacespace
Posted: December 15, 2005 at 12:57 AM / IP Logged  
For clarification...
The DTS was formally called the Deville DTS. Cadillac dropped the Deville part and looks to be converting all the name to 3 letter combinations. Kinda like Acura.
The customer that wants it done didn't mention if it came with a remote start, but I'm assuming it doesn't. I'll look into that more.
Still looking for someone who has messed with one of these.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic