icon

Avantguard 4

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ripley01 
Member - Posts: 33
Member spacespace
Posted: December 14, 2005 at 3:13 PM / IP Logged  

I purchased a used Avantguard IV. It came with a Dual Zone Proximity Sensor consisting of an unmarked black box, presumably the radar module, with 3 leads running to a control box with a + and - and some LED's. The control box has 5 leads coming out. The AG4 has 3 leads to connect a Proximity Sensor, matching the colors of the radar module. Should I leave out the control module and connect the radar module straight to the AG4?

scirocco16v 
Copper - Posts: 112
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 14, 2005 at 5:22 PM / IP Logged  
You definitely do not want to use the controller and that sensor might or might not work with that alarm.  The sensor that should have come with that alarm had a female socket on it as opposed to wires coming out of it.  Even though they were referred to as the same sensor, proximity sensor 4 for g3 and g4 products, the sensors looked different on the inside and also adjusted a little differently.  You could possibly do damage by hooking it up.  I would try to find the original or even the one for g5 products might work.
ripley01 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 15, 2005 at 3:15 AM / IP Logged  

scirocco16v wrote:
You definitely do not want to use the controller and that sensor might or might not work with that alarm.  The sensor that should have come with that alarm had a female socket on it as opposed to wires coming out of it.  Even though they were referred to as the same sensor, proximity sensor 4 for g3 and g4 products, the sensors looked different on the inside and also adjusted a little differently.  You could possibly do damage by hooking it up.  I would try to find the original or even the one for g5 products might work.

I feared as much. Thanks for the info!

ripley01 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 19, 2005 at 1:15 PM / IP Logged  
I took a chance and wired it up. No problem, works perfectly.
ripley01 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 19, 2005 at 1:18 PM / IP Logged  

I want to send warnings generated by the outer zones of the Proximity Sensor and OmniSensor to my Pager (als by Clifford).  I can't find any signal that signals this, except of course for the siren, but that one is supposedly coded and of little use. Any other solution for this?

scirocco16v 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 19, 2005 at 3:59 PM / IP Logged  
There is none that would do just warning.  You can use the yellow extra siren wire and it will signal the pager, it will do it on full trigger though.  its good to know about the sensors, I have extras lying around and ag4s in three vehicles. Believe it or not though I have never seen one of those proxs go bad and I have installed alot of them.
ripley01 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 19, 2005 at 4:10 PM / IP Logged  
So the only way would be to tap into the digital traffic to the siren... Seems far-fetched, but a good start would be to track down the protocol. Is that information available?
scirocco16v 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 20, 2005 at 3:06 PM / IP Logged  

ripley01 wrote:
So the only way would be to tap into the digital traffic to the siren... Seems far-fetched, but a good start would be to track down the protocol. Is that information available?

No, you will not find that information, unless maybe you knew somebody at DEI.

ripley01 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 20, 2005 at 3:16 PM / IP Logged  

As i said, far-fetched. Thanks for your help.

Oh, one thing to share. I connected the brown wire of the Pager to the green wire of the Tilt Sensor, which is marked 'armed' on the AG4 schematic. The purpose is to have the Pager only active when the system is armed. Seems to work fine. Now if the Pager is paging and you disarm the alarm, paging stops instantly. Of course, I connected the horn output to one of the sensor inputs of the Pager. This is all done on my 'test bench' (imagine a bunch of units and a heap of wireson the floor of my study), not yet actually installed in the vehicle.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic