icon

96 Monte Carlo Cruise Control components

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jonchos 
Copper - Posts: 256
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 15, 2005 at 10:30 AM / IP Logged  

I have a 1996 Chevrolet MOnte Carlo LS that I bought from a old lady. I have heard that this cars usually come with cruise cntrol. Mine does not have it. I would like to get CC but I am unsure of what do I need. I do know that the car has wiring in the fuse box for the cruise control, although I do not know if it goes to where the CC supossed to be and just end there in order to just get the components and plug and play. I also know that the cruise control it's usually located in the turn signal switch, my car has some pins by the turn signl switch that might be to plug in the new turn signal switch witht he CC controls. (look at picture). I f any of you guys have worked on this car or know someone who has, please contact me. I need all help possible. Parts numbres or name, where do they go, and where to get the, etc..... Any help would be great. Thank you very much

http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=12/34810270880.jpg&s=x11

airandsound 
Copper - Posts: 69
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 16, 2005 at 1:22 PM / IP Logged  
If you find the OE 10 pin cruise plug under the hood, a SCS4366 will plug in , mount the servo, connect the throttle cable, and plug in a Factory GM handle.
jonchos 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 16, 2005 at 2:38 PM / IP Logged  
Thank you. Where could I get the servoand the scs4366? What is a scs4366? Does anyone know where is my oe 10 pin cruise plug?
sparkie 
Platinum - Posts: 2,061
Platinum spacespace
Posted: December 16, 2005 at 4:53 PM / IP Logged  
The factory cruise plug should be next to the driver's side shock tower. You may also be able to purchase the factory cruise stepper motor/throttle cable. It plugs in and you install the throttle cable. It takes about 10 minutes. You will also need the factory cruise lever and probably the factory cruise brake switch. The car may only be equipped with the non-cruise one. The whole install usually only takes 15 minutes.
sparky
jonchos 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 18, 2005 at 12:21 PM / IP Logged  
I am having a hard time finding the cruise plug in the engine bay. does anyone have pitures or know where is a pictue i can look at it?
fingaz22 
Silver - Posts: 410
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 18, 2005 at 2:25 PM / IP Logged  

your best bet is to find one in a bone yard and go remove all the compents that are needed and then you will have all the reffence that you need to know for placement and location.

the above post is true about the cc plug but it might be tucked down in front of the strut tower and under and behind the air cleaner box. you will need to clean the pins in the connector because they will have corrosin on them.

one more thing how many miles are on this car? just a little future telling for you the 3.1(3100) and 3.4 (3400) have bad intake gaskets and they fail like clock work around 115,000 and 130,000 miles. if you have more than that for miles on the car and there are no signs off coolant lose at all then it might have been done already but if not i would do a pressure test if your in this range of miles. left unattended will cause failure of your motor and heads. a few hundred could turn into a 1000 for a motor. just a little fair warning. let us know how you make out sorry for the bad news.

JUST ONE MORE AMP!!!
hu,alpine cva 1005/dva 5205
sound processor,symmetry(first one).
sub amp,power 1000 the terminator.(1992).
subs,spl comp dual 1 ohms.
punch 150hd on a 10" ev.
alotofhighs
jonchos 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 18, 2005 at 2:40 PM / IP Logged  
Yeah thats what I think I am going to do, go to a yard and find one and see where everything is located at and what it looks like. also My car has about 107 right now. I have heard about the intake gaskets I am not sure if it has been done by the previous owner so I will go ahead and get a pressure test. I have no signs of coolant leaks or coolants loss. So maybe(hopefully) It has been done. Thank you for the advice.
fingaz22 
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 18, 2005 at 2:52 PM / IP Logged  
i wouldn't go on hope because people usally don't fix it untill it's broke. i would if i was you get around to doing it soon seeing you have 107 now it is at it's point of break down of the gasket. so you avoid any damage done by the anti-freeze to the bearings for the crank,connecting rods, and cam it attacks the half sleeve bearing and usally wipes it out or damages it just enough to shortin its life by half. if you go to a repsectable shop they should charge you around 400 buck or less any cheaper than 300 you are probably are getting a half a$@ job or you know him, any more you are getting ripped off. good luck
JUST ONE MORE AMP!!!
punch 150hd on a 10" ev.
alotofhighs
jonchos 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 20, 2005 at 12:38 PM / IP Logged  

I found a connector pin just zip-tied to another wire, not conected to anything  in my engine bay. Does it look like it would plug into the servo for the cruise control? is a 10 pin connector

96 Monte Carlo Cruise Control components -- posted image.

96 Monte Carlo Cruise Control components -- posted image.

fingaz22 
Posted: December 20, 2005 at 4:50 PM / IP Logged  
ya thats it . did you get to the bone yard yet to get all the compents for the install?
JUST ONE MORE AMP!!!
punch 150hd on a 10" ev.
alotofhighs
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic