icon

Undoing the Avic-N1 to N2 upgrade

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
josman 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: December 15, 2005 at 1:01 PM / IP Logged  
First of all guys, wats up to all. Im also searching ways to bypass or get around that BS they've done (pioneer). I bought the upgrade disk for my N1 and now I wish I never did. If u have an Avic-N1 DO NOT UPDATE if you want to keep that great feature for the passenger. The only way I can play DVD movs while in motion is ONLY by disconnecting the antenna. ATTENTION ALL: there's someone on ebay selling the Steps on how to get into the programing mode!!! here's the LINK!!!!!! hope this  Im not associated with the guy selling that info. on Ebay. thank u!Undoing the Avic-N1 to N2 upgrade -- posted image.
josman 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 15, 2005 at 1:11 PM / IP Logged  

Undoing the Avic-N1 to N2 upgrade -- posted image.

nstyl 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 19, 2005 at 3:14 AM / IP Logged  

Hello Josman,  I have bought and tried this information. 

Just letting you know that it works 100%.  All the functions on my AVIC-N1 work normally without in problems.

I can WATCH VIDEOS videos ( yes, while driving ) and use all the NAV functions ( yes, while driving).

Watch all the replies I get from that statement.  LOL 

It is a beautiful thing.  I missed it.  Damn that stupid upgrade.  I am glad you posted this information, it saved me

from having to tear my dash apart, sending the unit into PIONEER, and paying $70.00 to $100.00 to get it fixed.

Thank You;  NSTYL 

Iwlsr5 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: December 27, 2005 at 11:22 PM / IP Logged  
could you share the wealth and post the instructions.
sush1a 
Member - Posts: 17
Member spacespace
Posted: December 29, 2005 at 12:36 AM / IP Logged  
I have done this and knows exactly what to do, but I lost my old n1 west disc. I used my N1 East disc to reflash the firmware.. and now I can play dvd while driving, but can't use navi, since I don't have the n1 west disc.
Now when I need to use navi, I will need to put in the n2 disc and it'll upgrade it to n2 software.. and automatically disables the navi/dvd while in motion... grrrrrrr i need to get a copy of the n1 west disc.....
if anybody can provide me a disc, I would appreciate it.
Steps to flash back the n1 software follows:
Please note, I do not take responsibility if you mess up your nav system. (when the nav is flashing the firmware, make sure theres no power outtage, etc.)
HOLD Eject, Press Reset button.
Screen will go in, and come back out with a black screen and a message about pressing the reset button.
you can releae the Eject button.
now enter the code using your joystick (the control on the right) push UP, Right, UP, Right, Down, Right, Down, Right, then Press in the joystick.
Now you should be in the menu, theres 3 pages of options, the 2nd page should have the option of force flash.
I forgot about what I did.. but I reset the memory, reset whatever info.. which shouldn't be necessary.
Please note that you'll need a remote to have it start programming/flashing procedure. for the voice command steering wheel remote, its the button on the lower left.
I can post a video if theres enough request for it.
AND please somebody get me a n1 west disc....
whtcrxghst 
Copper - Posts: 210
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 29, 2005 at 5:46 AM / IP Logged  

The yellow disks go for dirt cheap on ebay.  Probably a good place to start.  Just make sure you get the same version as your east coast

sush1a wrote:
I have done this and knows exactly what to do, but I lost my old n1 west disc. I used my N1 East disc to reflash the firmware.. and now I can play dvd while driving, but can't use navi, since I don't have the n1 west disc.
Now when I need to use navi, I will need to put in the n2 disc and it'll upgrade it to n2 software.. and automatically disables the navi/dvd while in motion... grrrrrrr i need to get a copy of the n1 west disc.....
if anybody can provide me a disc, I would appreciate it.
Steps to flash back the n1 software follows:
Please note, I do not take responsibility if you mess up your nav system. (when the nav is flashing the firmware, make sure theres no power outtage, etc.)
HOLD Eject, Press Reset button.
Screen will go in, and come back out with a black screen and a message about pressing the reset button.
you can releae the Eject button.
now enter the code using your joystick (the control on the right) push UP, Right, UP, Right, Down, Right, Down, Right, then Press in the joystick.
Now you should be in the menu, theres 3 pages of options, the 2nd page should have the option of force flash.
I forgot about what I did.. but I reset the memory, reset whatever info.. which shouldn't be necessary.
Please note that you'll need a remote to have it start programming/flashing procedure. for the voice command steering wheel remote, its the button on the lower left.

sush1a 
Member - Posts: 17
Member spacespace
Posted: December 29, 2005 at 1:20 PM / IP Logged  
my east disc is 1.0... but wasn't there updates to 1.2? why wouldn't they work together? but im not going to use the east disc since i'm in the west coast anyways..
whtcrxghst 
Copper - Posts: 210
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 30, 2005 at 5:41 AM / IP Logged  

The updates upgrade the firmware.  In other words, if you put the 1.2 disk in, 1.1 and 1.0 will not work anymore.  If your not going to ever use the east coast, it doesn't matter unless you sell the unit later on.  Just buy a west coast disk

sush1a wrote:
my east disc is 1.0... but wasn't there updates to 1.2? why wouldn't they work together? but im not going to use the east disc since i'm in the west coast anyways..

zadam123 
Member - Posts: 27
Member spacespace
Posted: January 13, 2006 at 10:37 PM / IP Logged  

sush1a wrote:

has anyone else done this. Do you know what exactaly to erase or do? I dont want to mess it up anymore than it is

thanks

adam

zadam123 
Member - Posts: 27
Member spacespace
Posted: January 14, 2006 at 8:12 AM / IP Logged  
whtcrxghst wrote:

[/QUOTE]
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic