icon

Amp not switching on

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
get hit 
Member - Posts: 22
Member spacespace
Posted: December 15, 2005 at 7:54 PM / IP Logged  
All connections are correct, I believe and my amp won't turn on. I thought it was my Memory wire at first so I put it against the cars speaker and still nothing.
SO I suck at the power connection, is there a way to see where I went wrong.
Out of curiosity if the ground isnt a good enough ground, the amp wont switch on correct. I had a very very hard time locating one in my 94 Saturn SL1. Possibly that is wrong?
yo
darreng 
Member - Posts: 38
Member spacespace
Posted: December 15, 2005 at 8:21 PM / IP Logged  
yeah, check the ground, run a multitester from the possitive wire to the ground, if you get around 12 volts then try remote and ground.
fingaz22 
Silver - Posts: 410
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 15, 2005 at 8:25 PM / IP Logged  

your ground should be no longer than 18" and should be bolted to the body with the paint cleaned off by sand paper or wiz wheel if you have one.get a multi meter and test the power and ground at the amp and see if you have battery voltage (12.6) with car off and (13-14.4) with car running. also test your remote wire (turn on) for the amp that comes from the radio and make sure that you have battery voltage there to.

JUST ONE MORE AMP!!!
hu,alpine cva 1005/dva 5205
sound processor,symmetry(first one).
sub amp,power 1000 the terminator.(1992).
subs,spl comp dual 1 ohms.
punch 150hd on a 10" ev.
alotofhighs
geepherder 
Platinum - Posts: 3,668
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 15, 2005 at 8:54 PM / IP Logged  

What does that mean- "I suck at the power connection"?  Anyway, when you're connecting amps, always leave the under hood fuse out until the end so you don't blow it. 

For your ground, pull the back seats, and look at the sheet metal underneath towards the outsides (closer to the wheel wells).  The place where the seat backs snap in place is extra thick and will give a screw some good material to bite into.  Scrape to bare metal and predrill your hole.  Use a star washer as well.  Don't ground towards the middle because your gas tank is underneath and you run the risk of puncturing it.

Check to make sure you have proper power, ground, and remote as suggested above.

My ex once told me I have a perfect face for radio.
get hit 
Member - Posts: 22
Member spacespace
Posted: December 15, 2005 at 9:06 PM / IP Logged  
it means i just suck at it, i always do the other stuff i never did under the hood stuff before, left it for my friend lol
but yeah i did put the fuse in last. i knew that at least :)
yeah ill test everything and ill make my own ground
thanks yo
yo
geepherder 
Platinum - Posts: 3,668
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 16, 2005 at 5:55 PM / IP Logged  
Oh, ok.  You'll probably be perfectly comfortable with it after you do it once.  Just find a spot to enter the vehicle, put some split loom on the wiring, and secure it in place with zip ties.  You'll do fine.
My ex once told me I have a perfect face for radio.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic