05 highlander remote start, keyless

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
bak0707 
Member - Posts: 38
Member spacespace
Posted: December 16, 2005 at 3:17 PM / IP Logged  

hey guys

i was looking for a little help. my roomate has this truck and was going to take it to the dealer to have a r/s installed but they said they dont install them so he called around and some one said that it would need 2 bypass modules. is this true because i know you need one for the ignition. also is there any other complicated things about this truck. i just want to get all the info to see what i need to do.

thanks any help would be app.

JWorm 
Platinum - Posts: 2,208
Platinum spacespace
Posted: December 16, 2005 at 4:15 PM / IP Logged  
Some companies make a Toyota doorlock module. Model number TOYDL and can be seen at bypasskit.com.   Can make things easier on a lot of Toyotas where you have to add relays and run wires into the drivers door. On the Highlander you have to add a relay and some diodes, but you can catch the wires in the passenger kick panel. With the module you just connect to one wire in the drivers kick panel and you are done.
wrxsti161 
Copper - Posts: 62
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 16, 2005 at 6:11 PM / IP Logged  

thats awesome. I had no idea there was a module for that.

Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: December 16, 2005 at 6:34 PM / IP Logged  
It has two starter wires to energize. You can do locks by adding a single relay in the drivers door and two diodes. I can supply a diagram if needed. It's 15 minutes work to save the price of the module. The lock wires in the passenger kickpanel will fall asleep after 20 minutes, so they won't work. Only half the Highlanders need an immobilizer bypass. If the key is fat, it needs it. I prefer a mod like the 556u that you install the valet key into, they are much more reliable. Tach is easy, the OS2 plug under the dash, black wire...
Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic