icon

93 audi a100 door locks

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
anickle 
Member - Posts: 42
Member spacespace
Posted: December 17, 2005 at 7:15 PM / IP Logged  

Did a r/s in this today and had no issues at all...  untill I went to do doorlocks.  Directechs says they are 1 wire type E vacuum locks and the wire is in the

drivers kick.  Tested this wire and it did not seem to want to work for me.  I also tryd BROWN / grey BROWN / green i believe under the rear seat with to relays. 

Nothing worked for me.  I am curious if anone has done an audi of this sort or has some information that i might not.  Much appreciated

andrew nickle
gus1 
Gold - Posts: 1,013
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 17, 2005 at 8:34 PM / IP Logged  
Sooo..... what did your meter tell you?
Also... the driver's door will only lock if it is closed. I think you know the 1/4" extension trick.
If I remember, the doorlocks are low in the driver's kick in that big ball of wire..... long trigger, negative.   Easiest way to find them is to first find the door harness.
Gus
PS: I'll be back at work on Thurs., but cell is with me out here in TB. And I found the Hortons in Kenora. Stupidest place.... ever...
Wherever I go, that is where I end up......
anickle 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 18, 2005 at 1:15 AM / IP Logged  
unlock should've have shown ground and lock should've shown 12volts or vice ersa, anyways my trusty metre read the big cheeri0!  So instead of wrecking this guys christmas present we decided not to do locks today, he is coming bac in the new year for them.  Stupid AUDI!     Kenora isn;t that stupid...   I have been to neepawa you know:P
andrew nickle
gus1 
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 18, 2005 at 1:42 AM / IP Logged  
Only Kenora would stick a Timmy's in the middle of nowhere..... in a PITA place to find....
WHat is this type "e" thing you speak of???
Gus
anickle 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 18, 2005 at 1:46 AM / IP Logged  
directechs gives a break dow of all the differnt lock system out there.  They called this one type E.  Which isa one wire control system.  Lock is 12volts and unlock is ground or vice versa.  It showed to wire up to relays along with it
andrew nickle
gus1 
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 18, 2005 at 8:47 AM / IP Logged  
Soooo.... what does it rest at? Open?
I'd be finding that door harness somewhere in that rat's nest. It will be the one with the vaccuum line in it.
Gus
PS: Go give Greg a hug.... I think he is cracking out. Or a bit of a boot..... my freeking bench better be clean when I get back (left it spotless.... nothing on it)
b-roy 
Copper - Posts: 56
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 18, 2005 at 12:05 PM / IP Logged  
Gas or diesel model??? 93 audi a100 door locks -- posted image.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic