icon

05 toyota sienna parking light problem

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Johnnynguyen20 
Copper - Posts: 89
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 18, 2005 at 10:40 AM / IP Logged  

hello, please help me. i have a problem with the parking light for this car. the diagram said i can't use the positive parking light from this vehicle, so i try to use the (-) negative parking light on the headlights switch, that's GREEN/ BLACK (-). and i did use the (-) parking light out from the remote starter. when i hook up the wire and remote starter the car, the light is on, but when i turn on the Headlights switch and step on the brake pad, the taillights went off, and i checked the fuse for taillights it was broke, and replace a new fuse in and it work. but, on the parking light out wire from the remote starter said do not use this wire from the headlight cicurt. i don't know if that's a problem. so please help me, is there any way that i can get it work. thanks for help

Johnnynguyen
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 18, 2005 at 1:28 PM / IP Logged  

What kind of R/S unit did you install....some of the Gurus on the 12volt will want to know

Did you use the NEG(-) parking light wire from the R/S to trigger a relay? or direct hook up? Sounds like your getting some kind of current feedback on this wire, to blow the cars fuse. Also you mentioned this happened when you hit the brake pedal, correct......where and what wire did you use for the brake wire? You can get it at the pedal switch, OR GREEN / WHITE at connector C top of the relay/fuse center.

Johnnynguyen20 
Copper - Posts: 89
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 18, 2005 at 11:10 PM / IP Logged  
KarTuneMan wrote:

What kind of R/S unit did you install....some of the Gurus on the 12volt will want to know

Did you use the NEG(-) parking light wire from the R/S to trigger a relay? or direct hook up? Sounds like your getting some kind of current feedback on this wire, to blow the cars fuse. Also you mentioned this happened when you hit the brake pedal, correct......where and what wire did you use for the brake wire? You can get it at the pedal switch, OR GREEN / WHITE at connector C top of the relay/fuse center.

it was a scytek 2 way remote start/alarm system. yes i did use the NEG(-) parking light wire from the R/S . the R/S can be jump to + or - parking light output.  for the parking light i try to use the GREEN/ Black (-) from the headlight switch but it didn't work. i didn't install this R/S in this car at all. some guy put it in it. the owner of this vehicle ask me if i can fit these problem, that's the parking light, unlock all door lock with one push unlock. and a sliding door. so, i got the unlock all door with one push unlock and sliding door, but not the parking light. the  guy who install this R/S didn't use the GREEN/ BLACK (-) from the headlight swith. he was using a GREEN wire at a plug that got a lot of pin on it. it's close to the brake switch. i mean it not real close about 5 inches on the left side of brake switch. so i disconnect the parking light wire input from the GREEN wire that the other used, and try to hook it to the GREEN/ Black (-) from the headlight switch but didn't work out. i was testing the GREEN wire with the test light it was showing that this is a right wire. the test light was on when i turn the headlight switch. but when i hook this wire up with (-) NEGA parking light wire from the R/S, the parking light was working. but when i remote start the vehicle and put the key in the ignition, turn the the headlight switch, step on the brake. the taillights went out.

Johnnynguyen

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic