the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

2006 Pilot, add-on remote start & doors?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
AlvinWang 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: December 18, 2005 at 11:09 AM / IP Logged  
Hi everyone
I'm thinking of installing an add-on remote start in my '06 Pilot which has the all-in-one keyfob. I have a few questions that I was hoping to learn more about:
1 - how will door unlocking after remote start be handled? With the factory setup, the door locks are inoperative from the keyfob when the car is running. Will the same be true of the car after it is remote started? (i.e. the doorlocks have to be opened manually via the key instead of the remotely via the button)
2 - Crimestopper and DEI both make add-on remote start units. Any others out there that I should consider? Between the crimestopper and the DEI, which would you recommend?
3 - Could someone post a wiring diagram for the '06 Pilot? I'm sure that it is similar to the '05 Pilot, but '06 is a "design refresh" for Honda, so I wanted to make sure nothing changed.
Thanks so much for your help!
chuck_tempe 
Copper - Posts: 58
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 18, 2005 at 11:40 AM / IP Logged  
i have an '05 and the factory keyfobs don't work with the ignition on. i have a crimestopper alarm/remote start combo and that works fine for me. if the 'stand alone' remote starters have there own key fob, they may have a door lock/unlock output on them. that would solve one problem.
i don't think the color codes have changed from the '05 to '06's but i haven't taken any apart either. i think the changes to the vehicle was mainly cosmetic.
i just purchased a video system and navigation for mine and i will be installing that shortly.
congrats on your new toy!
ex 12 year car stereo, alarm techie.
now in res/com low voltage,voice/data
donate HERE
AlvinWang 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: December 18, 2005 at 10:15 PM / IP Logged  
chuck_tempe wrote:
i have an '05 and the factory keyfobs don't work with the ignition on. i have a crimestopper alarm/remote start combo and that works fine for me. if the 'stand alone' remote starters have there own key fob, they may have a door lock/unlock output on them. that would solve one problem.
Hi there...
Thanks for the reply, I hope your pilot is treating you well 1 year later?
I am glad to hear that there wouldn't be a problem with a alarm/remote start combo, but I was hoping to keep just the original keyfob with built-in remote instead of having the key AND a separate alarm remote... I am wondering if there is some kind of key-sense wire which prevents the car from responding to signals from the keyfob if it senses a key in the ignition. If so, then perhaps an add-on remote start without a separate remote will still work...
Thanks again for the reply and best of luck with your install!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic