icon

2003 GMC Envoy, Prestige APS-996a

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ebert592 
Member - Posts: 18
Member spacespace
Posted: December 18, 2005 at 9:17 PM / IP Logged  

I just finished installing a Prestige APS-996a Security system for remote start capabilities only on my wifes 2003 GMC Envoy. I wanted this system for the 2 way remote and the extended range. I installed it along with a DEI 555L Passlock II bypass module. I just found this site halfway into the install and was finding alot of talk about the DEI 457G all in one bypass. Now the next step is to hook up the dook locks and possibly driver 1 & 2 memory to the remotes. Should I have purchased the 457G to do all of this and will it work the driver 1 & 2 memory or do I just wire into the door with relays for the memory feature also does anyone have the wire diagram for the 457G. Or do I just purchase the 555G and will this work the driver 1 & 2 memory or do I just wire into the door with relays for the memory feature also does anyone have the wire diagram for the 455G. Ok last question I read to hook the tach to the white wire connected to the instrument panel and thats what I did it works fine I tested the wire with my fluke before attaching it but I don't see anyone else hooking in there everyone goes to the PCM white wire is it the same wire?

Thanks in advance

Joe

chris354 
Silver - Posts: 253
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 19, 2005 at 12:00 AM / IP Logged  
You could buy the 455g not 555g It does door locks only or could buy the 457g  they cost about as much as the 455g and take off the 555l.The only thing is these modules just do driver 1 or 2 not  both, you can try bypasskit.com and see if thiers do driver 1 and 2. Where you got the tach is where i always get the tach from.
ebert592 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 19, 2005 at 8:41 PM / IP Logged  

Ok so the 455G is what i need does anyone have the wiring diagram for it? I would like to see it before i get it.

Thanks

ebert592 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 19, 2005 at 9:07 PM / IP Logged  

Also does the switch on the dashboard that overrides the dome light affect the alarm since it is to be connected to the dome light? If the dome override is on and alarm set and door opened light would not turn on and trigger alarm? Or does the 455G correct that problem?

Thanks

ebert592 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 12, 2006 at 6:54 PM / IP Logged  

Has anyone found a bypass module that controls the driver 1 and 2 memory seats on a 2003 Envoy? Bypasskit.com has a icon for memory seats on there modules but installation manual does not show how it would hook up. I have noticed a number of people having problems with the DEI 457g anyone have any advice on them?

This is what i have Prestige APS-996a with 555L passlock bypass. What I want to do is connect keyless entry function with driver memory with least amounts of modules and relays.

Thanks

Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 12, 2006 at 8:57 PM / IP Logged  
I'm familiar with all those modules (including the 996A); I'll try to answer your questions as best I can.
--Pretty much all of the databus modules on the market make BOTH remotes behave as Driver 1. At least, I haven't come across one that does otherwise.
The manual for the 996 states that you can link two of the auxilary outputs to the "unlock" command on the two different remotes......although it does not seem clear how you would actually do that.
But anyway, you should be able to run wires into the door, to the memory switches, and trigger them.
However, you're probably completely on your own as far as figuring out how the switches operate, unless you can find someone who has done this before.
The switch in the door communicates directly to the door module inside the door.....which comminicates with the rest of the car via the computer databus........therefore, the ONLY place to interface with the memory wires will be inside the door; not a lot of fun.
--The 457G, or bypasskit.com GM-DLBP controls the doorlocks AND Passlock.
You can install either one of those pieces...........then, either remove the 555L, --OR-- simply don't connect the ground-when-running wire from the remote starter to the databus module.
--The 455G is probably a couple bucks cheaper; it just doesn't do Passlock....but you could leave your 555L in place for that.
--In my opinion, the 457G sucks. It omits important features, such as driver's-priority unlocking, and turning on the domelight with unlock.
The 455G is good enough and is reliable. The GM-DLBP is excellent, with plenty of nice features including a Panic input; its only flaw is that it loses programming if it loses power.
--About the door trigger and the domelight:
I am most familiar with the GM-DLBP, so I will say how that works......I'm not sure about the others, although they are likely similar.
Your car has an electronic door module inside both front doors, as well as the tailgate.
The two rear doors have ordinary wiring that runs inside the car's cabin.
The GM-DLBP has an input wire to be connected to the car's domelight....... as well as a door-trigger output to be connected to the aftermarket alarm.
---The output (pink/white) will always catch the front doors and the tailgate, because they have door modules.......regardless of the position of the domelight switch...... even if you don't hook up to the domelight at all.
---The output (pink/white) will catch the two rear doors ONLY if the input (pink) is connected to the domelight wire, AND the domelight switch is left in the enable position.
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 12, 2006 at 9:01 PM / IP Logged  
Oh, and about the tach wire.
I have no clue why the tech sheets want you to do it the hard way.
Below the ignition harness, there's another thick harness running horizontally.
Inside that harness, is brake, tach, and parking lights. There are a few white wires, so you have to be patient and test each of them; that is all.
ebert592 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 13, 2006 at 6:01 PM / IP Logged  

Thanks.

That is awesome info.

I greatly appreciate it.

customak47 
Copper - Posts: 164
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 14, 2006 at 3:16 PM / IP Logged  

The envoys are nice in two respects; if the unit you are using has a tachless mode and you can get it to program to your envoy, the truck has a factory crank protection so it will always crank perfectly no matter what the starter wire output length is; other nice thing is there are door lock interfaces by omega and bypasskits that when you lock the doors with the aftermarket transmitter, it will automatically roll up all four door windows through the data wire, no extra relays or labor. i don't have the model numbers handy, so happy hunting if interested and i'll try to post them later.

My rifle is my friend...
ebert592 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 14, 2006 at 5:39 PM / IP Logged  

That would be great if you have the model numbers they have so many bypasses out on the market.

Thanks

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic