icon

softer shorter horn chirp

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
GReddyboy 
Member - Posts: 48
Member spacespace
Posted: December 19, 2005 at 7:19 AM / IP Logged  
I have a clifford concept 200 alarm, and I added a proximity sensor to it. I wired the warn stage to my horn, I was wondering how can I make the horn chip like .5 seconds or softer instead of having a 1 second output. Could I use resisters? but can I add it on the warn away wire, thats signals the horn relay? I just want the warn away to be softer not the whole horn setup. Also which resister should I use and which way does it face, the warn away wire is a negative polarity.thanks
dualsport 
Silver - Posts: 983
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 19, 2005 at 9:10 AM / IP Logged  
Don't think there's any easy way to do that, since the chirp duration is controlled by the alarm module, and the warn away trigger input doesn't affect it. You could put in a circuit to shorten the duration of the chirp, but without knowing the timing differences between warn away and full alarm, it'd affect the regular full alarm sound too.
You could put in a separate warn away circuit, but that'd likely be more hassle than it's worth.
GReddyboy 
Member - Posts: 48
Member spacespace
Posted: December 19, 2005 at 6:16 PM / IP Logged  
The proximity sensor has 4 wires; a power, ground when arm, full alarm trigger, and a warn away trigger. The warn trigger is hooked up to the car's horn relay. I just need to somehow reduce the current from this warn away wire to the horn relay. I'm sure this works independant from the full alarm mode, so basically it has its own circuit. Anyways else got some ideas? I just want to try it anyway but which resister or maybe capacitors should I use? My warn away horn honk is pretty loud im afraid of getting keyed. thanks
dualsport 
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 19, 2005 at 7:46 PM / IP Logged  
If you're concerned with the warn away honk offending someone, why not just leave it unconnected?
If you want to reduce the volume or shorten the duration of the chirp, you have to work on the output side, not the trigger input, because the proximity sensor is just acting as a trigger to tell the alarm module to output the warn away honks.
You might set up something where you use a SPDT relay to have a low power NC 87A feed to the horn when short duration chirps come out, but when a long duration chirp is detected, it'll then kick in a relay and send full power via NO contact 87 to the horn.
hotwaterwizard 
Silver - Posts: 1,350
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 14, 2006 at 7:16 PM / IP Logged  

try this.

softer shorter horn chirp -- posted image.

John DeRosa (Hotwaterwizard)
Stockton California
When in doubt, try it out !
dualsport 
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 17, 2006 at 6:26 PM / IP Logged  
That'd reduce it to a short toot, but that would also affect normal horn output during an alarm output as well as the warn away.
hotwaterwizard 
Silver - Posts: 1,350
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 17, 2006 at 10:37 PM / IP Logged  
Just use a larger capacitor for a longer toot.
John DeRosa (Hotwaterwizard)
Stockton California
When in doubt, try it out !

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic