icon

Opinions, Pics of Alpine IVA-D310?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Slammed01 
Copper - Posts: 89
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 19, 2005 at 9:14 PM / IP Logged  
Hey everyone, I'm lookin' at buying a In-Dash for myself for X-Mas. Was lookin' at the AVIC N-2 but I figured in my truck I really don't need Navi. Its a 01' with 29,000 miles LOL. I don't really take it where I don't know and I could always add it later. Anyways whats everyones opinions on the Alpine IVA-D310 with Pulsetouch? Its a 7" compared to the AVIC-N2's 6.5". How is sound output and settings? Screen clarity? When are new models getting released? Pics and opinions are appreciated!
Slammed01 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 23, 2005 at 4:17 PM / IP Logged  
Went and looked at Alpine today, looked nicer than the AVIC N-2 side by side. They said first $17-- and some changed installed. I got him down to $1600 out the door and they offer a 3 year warranty on everything they sell too. I don't know if I should wait for the 06' models or just get the D-310. Any word on 06's? He said they reveal them at the show in 1st week of January. any opinions?
surfnsocal 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: December 23, 2005 at 4:28 PM / IP Logged  

Slammed01 wrote:
Went and looked at Alpine today, looked nicer than the AVIC N-2 side by side. They said first $17-- and some changed installed. I got him down to $1600 out the door and they offer a 3 year warranty on everything they sell too. I don't know if I should wait for the 06' models or just get the D-310. Any word on 06's? He said they reveal them at the show in 1st week of January. any opinions?

Well, I first saw the IVA-D310 in January of 05.  And it just became available....and I got it.  Installing it this weekend.

Whatever you see this January...probably wont be available for a year.  Alpine takes forever to release their new products.  So go ahead and wait till December 06 for the new stuff...but then you will want to wait for the 07 stuff. :-\

2005 Mustang GT
Alpine IVA-D310
Alpine KCA-420i
Alpine NVE-N872A
Slammed01 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 23, 2005 at 7:13 PM / IP Logged  

How much did ya pay? Get some pics of it installed!

alpine0000 
Copper - Posts: 160
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 24, 2005 at 4:05 AM / IP Logged  
Surfnsocal wrote:
Well, I first saw the IVA-D310 in January of 05. And it just became available....and I got it. Installing it this weekend.
um, the 310 JUST became available?? thats funny, ive had it for months. its been out since at least summer time. where have you been hiding? Opinions, Pics of Alpine IVA-D310? -- posted image. hehehe
2015 4Runner TRD Pro
-Viper 5706V alarm/remote start
-Viper DBALL2 Bypass Module
-Valentine One radar detector
infinkc 
Copper - Posts: 438
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 24, 2005 at 10:40 AM / IP Logged  
i have the older alpine iva-d300 that doesnt have the smaller lcd on front and also have the pioneer d1 unit which is like the n2 (kinda).
Both are excellent units, the alpine does have a better picture, the pulse touch is useless, if you are driving the vibrations from the road make the pulse do nothing. I have the older nav unit on the alpine and the graphics suck compared to the pioneer, the new nav they released is alot better. If i were to buy a unit at this moment i would go with the pioneer, for the $ you cant beat the options it has, alpines have always been pricey. If you can wait i would for the new alpine units if you want alpine. I have 3 friends that work there and alpine is changing their whole lineup. Newer headunits, amps... The higher end decks will have ipod hookup built it with only a need to buy a cable and plug it into the deck. and they will have their double din unit with built in dvd. Im going to be selling my 300 to get a new model when they come out.
There are 10 types of people in the world, ones that understand binary and ones that dont.
Slammed01 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 08, 2006 at 3:38 PM / IP Logged  
So I went to Alpines website since CES is over pretty much and they have the IVA-D310 saying there going to keep it for 06'. Thats the highest model b4 F1 correct? Any other news about the IVA-D310 getting replaced? Is it bluetooth capable? What about if I get the navigation unit, will it lock my features?
jeba 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: January 08, 2006 at 4:04 PM / IP Logged  
If you get the nav, ground the p-brake wire, and you won't get locked out. The bluetooth peice MIGHT work with D310 but have to wait and see.(the description of the bluetooth say it will work with ai-net capable HU, but the d310 doesn't say it will work) I will also be trying the HD radio with the D310 when the HD peice comes out.
D310 SHOULD stay current through 06.
Slammed01 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 12, 2006 at 5:04 PM / IP Logged  
cool cool thanx for the help! I can get it for $1600 installed w/ a 3 year warranty
Ctoh 
Copper - Posts: 123
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 12, 2006 at 10:23 PM / IP Logged  
Alpine is carrying over the 310, I've installed 2 just today.  Top of the line unit not considering the F1 products.  In March or April Alpine will have a double din unit that is Blue Tooth capable but the 310 is not,,,you may want to double check that 3 year warranty though,,,Alpines warranty is one year,,,
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic