icon

1999 SC2 remote start, tachometer

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Krysolma 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: December 20, 2005 at 6:56 PM / IP Logged  

Ok, so i instralled a Code Alarm CA425 / CA545 into my gf's SC2.  The wire identification sheet said

TachPURPLE / White Multi Coil Pack or Black at Injector 

I used that one and the alarm can't sense the tach input. 

Now the instructions say that to test the wire you do this:

1. Set voltmeter to AC VOLTS. 

2. Attach positive lead of a volt meter to a constant 12-volt source.

3. Attach negative lead of a volt meter to the wire to be tested.

4. start the engine.

5 have someone press on tthe gas pedal slightly as you monitor the meter.  If connected to the correct wire, the voltage reading will increase as the engine's RPM increases.

Now i did the following and the voltage did change, but it was only about .1 at idel and about .4 at about 3-5k rpm. 

Is that wire not the right wire, which wire is it in the pcm.  I know it has to be at the pcm, and its so much easier to get it from there.  thanks guys

chris354 
Silver - Posts: 253
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 20, 2005 at 7:49 PM / IP Logged  

Try the white wire at the ignition module on top of the motor.

Krysolma 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: December 22, 2005 at 1:26 PM / IP Logged  

Got another problem, in the wiring diagram it said that the door pin wire was under the ash tray.  I found a white wire there that would show (-) when the pass door was open but not the driver.  I probed around and found a wire that would always show (-) when the driver door was open.  So what i did, was i used two IN4001 diodes and hooked it up in exactly this way (below) .  The problem now is that i no longer have a door chime at all.  I can leave the light on and nothing, i can leave key in inginiiton and nothing.  Once in a while it sound like it tries to chime but merely sounds like very faint clicks (not like relay clicks).  Why did this now work.  ????

1999 SC2 remote start, tachometer -- posted image.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic