icon

96 maxima remote start w/keyless entry

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: December 24, 2005 at 6:55 PM / IP Logged  
Huh, i've never seen a tech sheet that actually tells you to connect the two starter wires together! The proper way would be to use a relay to power up the second starter wire. As for which Accessory wire, power both up. As for the factory alarm, the unlock needs two pluses in a row. The first will turn off the factory alarm, the second nlock. Set your Boa for double pulse unlock. Take the pulse before start wire and connect that to the unlock wire too. This will turn off the alarm before it starts without unlockig the doors.
Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
Mike M2 
Platinum spacespace
Posted: December 24, 2005 at 6:59 PM / IP Logged  
Use relays! Try hooking the two starter wires together like that on  a Camry and it'll blow the AM1 fuse. If your Boa has two igition(pink) wires use one of those for the first accessory wire. Use the purple for the black yellow starter wire and use a relay to drive the second....
Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
techodd 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: December 24, 2005 at 11:09 PM / IP Logged  

Thanks Mike,

Yeah, the BOA has 2 ignition wire, the Pink and Pink/White (2 ignition).  As I read the manual it saids if your vehical has 1 ignition use the Pink wire to hook up with this Pink wire and the other is not in use, so like you said I can hook the Pink/White(2 ignition wire) to the #1 Accessory wire. What about the #2 Accessory Wire. Can I hook it up Orange to blue?

Thanks again

Mike M2 
Platinum spacespace
Posted: December 25, 2005 at 8:32 AM / IP Logged  
That is fine, pink to your ignition, pink/white to your 1st accessory, orange to your 2nd accessory.
Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
isus 
Copper - Posts: 71
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 28, 2005 at 10:26 AM / IP Logged  
The only time I've disconnected the neg cable is when I have to unplug and plug in any harness for an airbag.  Just keep all 12volt connections away from any other metal in the car.
techodd 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 28, 2005 at 11:14 AM / IP Logged  
so it's ok to strip the 12volt wire without disconnect the battery?
Thanks
techodd 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2006 at 12:36 AM / IP Logged  

Hello all,

I am trying to install BOA 265B remote starter with keyless entry for my nissan maxima but did not have any luck.

Here is the info of the BOA 265B Harness

96 maxima remote start w/keyless entry - Page 2 -- posted image.

step 1 Ground Wire: The BLACK (H1/4) wire on the main 8-pin harness is ground, So I hook it up to clean metal in the drivers kick panel area.

step 2 Constant Power wire: I connect the two heavy gauge RED wires from the control module (relay heavy gauge) to the Power wire (WHITE/ red) of my car. see the diagram below.

step 3 Ignition wire:  I connect the thick PINK/WHITE wire of the heavy gauge wires to the Ignition wire (BLACK/ white). 

step 4 Accessory wires:  I connect the thick ORANGE wire of the heavy gauge wires to the 1St Accessory(RED / yellow) and 2nd Accessory wire (blue). Refer to the diagram below.

step 5 Starter wires:  I connect the thick PURPLE wire of the heavy gauge wires to the 1St Starter (BLACK / YELLOW) and 2nd starter wire (GREEN/ black). Refer to the diagram below.

However, I by passed all these connection "Safety Shutdown Wires, Hood Pins, Parking light Fash, and Door Locks" just want to test the remote start first to make sure it 's working before continue to connect the rest later on.

So I hooked up all the wire as I mentioned above ( step 1  to 5) and I got nothing,  the remote start is not  working. I just wonder is it required to hook up all the wire to get the remote start working or Is there something that I missed. Please help.

Any help would appreciated

Thank you

Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic