icon

One hood pin for two functions?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jonchos 
Copper - Posts: 256
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 21, 2005 at 1:43 PM / IP Logged  
I want to use the same hood pin for the remote start and for the hood trigger for my alarm, is this be possible? How would I wire it? The hood pin and the trunk pin would be in the same trigger for the alarm, so I know I need diodes, what kind and how many? thank you.
jonchos 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 21, 2005 at 2:02 PM / IP Logged  
I have some 1N5401 diodes here, but I do not know if this ones would be the ones for this application. My car alarm is a Clifford Matrix 1 and the remote start is a viper 561T or 561R, can't remember correctly. Is the one without the remotes, just the remote start to hook up to an existing alarm.
Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: December 21, 2005 at 5:25 PM / IP Logged  
I doubt you'll need diodes, just T off the wire. There's nothing ever to backfeed from one unit to the other so i see no need, but if it makes you feel better the ones you have will do, band towards the pin switch...
Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
jonchos 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 04, 2006 at 2:15 AM / IP Logged  

Ok well I tapped into the hood pinfrom the RS  for the instant trigger for the alarm and everything works fine except that  my hood pin and my trunk are in the same trigger/wire, so now when I have the car in the RS and I wish to open the trunk with the remote, the car turns off. So I guess I did needed a diode.

The way I have it wired is like this.

Both trunk and hood are under the same wire for the instant trigger for the alarm. That wire is the one that taps into the wire from the hood pin from the RS. So I need a diode in the instant trigger wire from my alarm with the cathode pointing at the RS hood pin wire right?

Powermyster 
Silver - Posts: 962
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 04, 2006 at 3:53 AM / IP Logged  
the 1n4001 should do ya they are only 500mA triggers
Why oh Why didn't i take the blue pill
Darren Power

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic