icon

Parking light fuse blowing, Help!

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
spart 
Member - Posts: 20
Member spacespace
Posted: December 19, 2002 at 5:36 PM / IP Logged  

Last night as i was coming home from a friends house, i went over a railroad track and after the bump i recieved, all my dash lights went out. I found out that my parking light/tail light fuse blew. I thought it might have been the wire from my alarm going to my parking lights grounding (somewhere in between the brain and where i tapped in) but i cut them off where is was connected and much to my dismay it was not the problem. Somewhere in my car my parking light wire is grounded and i have no idea how to find where.

When i test where the 15amp fuse goes with my dmm, i get 12v on both sides when the lights are off and the left side is grounded someplace when i turn the lights on.

My car is a 2001 Honda Civic EX

any help or suggestions would be very very helpful, seeing how i can't drive at night and my whole interior is pulled apart.

Spart

bigblaze 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: December 19, 2002 at 7:16 PM / IP Logged  
you probally already did but try checking the lights themselfs and the sockets.
patmar 
Copper - Posts: 69
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 19, 2002 at 8:43 PM / IP Logged  
do you have a factory radio if not check on back you have a wire for lights in radio maybe this wire touch the ground.....
Sound Pressure 
Silver - Posts: 711
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 19, 2002 at 9:09 PM / IP Logged  

What type of connection did you use? Solder, etc..

Reason asking is because somtimes when you tie the wires together and tape the wires can poke through the tape into another wire possibly causing this problem that you are having.

Sound Pressure
You know you have the right amount of pressure when your eyes start to water! Now you've got Juice!
spart 
Member - Posts: 20
Member spacespace
Posted: December 19, 2002 at 10:25 PM / IP Logged  

Patmar- No, i do not have a factory radio, i took it out a while ago and put in a aftermarket sony 5050x so i will check that out, i'm not thinking so because i took out the ac blower and radio piece that goes in the center of my dash. the cd player is unplugged from the harness so it doesn't have power.

sound pressure- I used solder and then wrapped e tape around the 3 wires. Two brown from my solaris and the RED / yellow parking light wire kinda by the gearshifter, in the center console. I looked around where i tapped in but didn't see anything that would be grounding it out. I'm not sure what i will do. it seems funny that this all happened when i went over RR tracks and just the mere jolt would ground a wire. is it possible that underneath the fuse box in the engine compartment, one of the wires came loose and is grounding out there? i will look at it again tomorrow. A buddy of mine said i can test the resistance with an ohmn meter. I'm not sure if this is true and quite frankly i don't know much about ohmns and stuff, if there is a way i can probe the wire to tell me when i am nearing the short? it sure would be handy if there was.

Well, thankyou much, this place is sure great for helpless goobers like meParking light fuse blowing, Help! - Last Post -- posted image.

spart

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic