icon

Valet 561T program remote

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mugpar 
Copper - Posts: 100
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 22, 2005 at 9:58 PM / IP Logged  
Just received a brand new in the box Valet 561T. My mistake, i took everything out, prepped the wires, and NO REMOTE. I bought this on ebay, and there is no remote in the box, the person whom I bought this from, will not respond to me. So I am wondering if I can take a remote from an older rs, one from two years ago, and program this remote to work on the 561T, does anyone know if i can, or how i can? Thanks a lot.
chris354 
Silver - Posts: 253
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 23, 2005 at 12:02 AM / IP Logged  

The 561t is an add on and is can not be used as a stand alone piece. If you have factory keyless entry you can use it to activate the 561t.

mugpar 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 23, 2005 at 1:27 AM / IP Logged  
So could I use the factory keyless remote to activate the remote start?
Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: December 23, 2005 at 7:02 AM / IP Logged  
Yep, use the drivers door lock motor leg, flip it to negative using a relay, and set the activation pulses to two instead of one. This way the second press of lock will do it....
Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
mugpar 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 23, 2005 at 9:40 AM / IP Logged  
Sorry, kind of new here. So what wire would I hook up to the door lock wire?
mugpar 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 23, 2005 at 6:43 PM / IP Logged  
anybody have any idea
chris354 
Silver - Posts: 253
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 23, 2005 at 8:31 PM / IP Logged  
The WHITE/ blue if its a negative lock or the WHITE/ red for pos door locks.
mugpar 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 24, 2005 at 3:35 AM / IP Logged  
I hooked up the WHITE/ blue negative activation to the power lock on the vehicle, which is negative. Programmed tach, hit the lock button twice, and nothing, the horn just honks.
djfearny2 
Silver - Posts: 810
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 24, 2005 at 7:43 AM / IP Logged  
your not doing it right
try this take the white blue wire and touch it to a clean metal service 1 time wiat if nothing touch it 2 times with a short second between. wait if nothing touch it 3 times. wait if nothing heres one of your problems.
first: diagnoses. make sure you BLACK/ white neutral saftey wire is grounded. not connected to your ebrake or actual neutral safety wire. test steps again
second: If you instaled the grey hood pin switch make sure it works properly spereate the wire from hood pin and make sure wire is not grounded out meaning touching mettal. then try steps again.
Finally to use that system with your factory remote do this and i will explain it the best i can.
Take a relay 5 pole bosch or equiv relay.
set it up like this.
Pin85 connect this wire to the lock motor wire which will show a possitive pulse when you press lock in the car or lock on the remote. i dont know what kind of car you have so i cant tell you the wire color and placment email me at Nyinstaller@netscape.net and i can help with that.
Pin 87 and pin 86 Ground to clean metal.
Pin 30 connect to the white blue wire on rs system.
Program the rs system to three pulses. not two things can happen on two.
After making sure the wires listed on the top of post are what i say they are supposed to be than test again se what happens. email me with year make model if you need any more assistence.
Jon
Installer/Help Technician
---coral springs florida---
mecp certification is not always needed. I have it and it has not helped me out at all. my experience out shines it.
mugpar 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 24, 2005 at 10:43 AM / IP Logged  
You say connect pin 85 to lock motor shoing positive pulse, this is for a chrysler 300c, it's only one wire locks, and it's negative.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic