icon

Head Unit Problems

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
freak5 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: December 24, 2005 at 11:28 AM / IP Logged  
Bought an alpine cda-9851 last night and decided that i would try to install it myself cause best buy couldn't do it for like 2 weeks. So i connect the new wires coming from my cd deck to the splicer and attach it to the wiring harness. Alls good except i can't get my subs to kick. The amp will turn on and the subs will go alittle but nothin really. Seems most of the bass that should go to the subs is in my front 2 speakers. So i messed with the signal wires,while the car was off of course,and now it won't even turn on anymore. checked the fuse on the cd deck and its fine so im lost. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
head unit
My Car:
93 honda civic lx sedan
speakers
2 in the back,2 in the front
Subs
2 in back
Amp
menace2sobriety 
Silver - Posts: 394
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 24, 2005 at 1:47 PM / IP Logged  

Head Unit Problems -- posted image.

how do you have the subs wired? if they are wired in series they would not be very loud. check and see if they are wired like in the above diagram.

freak5 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 24, 2005 at 4:20 PM / IP Logged  
its not like that pic,i think they are wired in a series.
My cd deck won't turn on so i can't test anything :/ justbought it last too :( . anything i can do to test it or is it just fried?
thanx in advance.
stang351w 
Silver - Posts: 350
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 24, 2005 at 4:54 PM / IP Logged  
might be a fuse in the fuse panel ubder he dash. but you say your get most bass out of your front speakers, sounds like you have the rca wires backwards if your running an amp to your highs and subs. sounds like your sub rca's are on your front speakers and your front or rear rca's are on your subs
Tri County KustomZ
certified installer
freak5 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 24, 2005 at 11:48 PM / IP Logged  
well,for some reason my clock in my car resets everytime i start my car. my dad checked the red wire on the wiring harness,which was fine but the constant yellow wire had no power. that's prolly why it won't come on right? how do you fix something like that or check for it? i was just think about trying a new battery or something. idk.
thanx in advance.
and sorry for all the questions guys :(
dwarren 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 1,811
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 25, 2005 at 12:10 AM / IP Logged  

freak5 wrote:
well,for some reason my clock in my car resets everytime i start my car. my dad checked the red wire on the wiring harness,which was fine but the constant yellow wire had no power. that's prolly why it won't come on right? how do you fix something like that or check for it? i was just think about trying a new battery or something. idk.

Ideally you would use a digital multi meter to test wires, but obviously the wire is not hot, so start checking fuses.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic