Need your opinions and suggestions

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
smrdr 
Member - Posts: 27
Member spacespace
Posted: December 20, 2002 at 11:17 AM / IP Logged  
<>

I am thinking of buying an AUDIOBAHN ABP103Q TRI SUB BANDPASS BOX and an AUDIOBAHN A3201Q 840W 2-CHANNEL CAR AMPLIFIER and would like to know if they would be a good combination?

The specs on the subs are Triple 12 Inch PHAT 2 Inch Foam Surround, Non-Pressed KM3 Coated Cone Subwoofers 50 oz. Strontium Magnet 2 Inch 4 Layer ASV Voice Coil Bumped Back Plate Extended & Vented Pole Piece Gold Binding Post Terminals Power Handling: 900 Watts RMS Sensitivity: 106dB Frequency Response: 31Hz - 150Hz Impedance: 4 Ohm Mono Dimensions.

The specs on the amp are 300 watts RMS x 2 at 4 ohms 420 watts RMS x 2 at 2 ohms 840 watts RMS x 1 bridged output stereo or bridged mono output Tri-Way capable MOSFET power supply requires 4-gauge power and ground leads with amplifier high-pass (50-750 Hz)/low-pass (50-120 Hz) crossovers, 18 dB/octave selectable 18 dB bass boost at 50 Hz variable (20-50 Hz) subsonic filter pre amp outputs cooling fan cobalt blue illumination digital voltmeter.

If anyone has some suggestions on different amp or any suggestions on hookup needs feel free to write them down. Thanks SMRDR.

<>
bberman1 
Gold - Posts: 2,314
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 20, 2002 at 11:37 AM / IP Logged  
Their a good match Amp 840x1 @4 ohms Subs 900 watts @ 4 ohms. They will sound good together. But what kind of sound are you looking for?
smrdr 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 20, 2002 at 12:38 PM / IP Logged  
Basically a good sounding system not just some bass that you can hear a mile away. I was thinking of up grading the speakers in the doors and dash to. What would you recomend to help with any problems such as power hook up and stuff like that?
bberman1 
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 20, 2002 at 1:18 PM / IP Logged  
If your looking for something that sounds a little cleaner might want to look at the ABB103Q http://www.audiobahninc.com/products/results.asp?categoryID=8&seriesID=45
But as far as your mids and highs how much are you looking to spend also do you want to add an amp for them?
smrdr 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 20, 2002 at 2:21 PM / IP Logged  
I did see those in my travels on the internet but I'm limited to a 15 (H) x 28.5 (w) space with the idea I have for my trunk. As far as for Amps, Crossovers, Compacitors and what ever I just need to know what I need and I will save the cash because I will wait and get good quality stuff and everything I need befor I put anything in. I just looked into the Audiobahn 4 Gauge amp kit AKIT4Q w/RCA'S because I would like to keep everything the same and not mismatch equipment.
bberman1 
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 20, 2002 at 2:44 PM / IP Logged  
For your mids and highs I would not go with Audiobahn. They make good amps subs x overs etc. But personally I think their mids and highs suck, I have had many different pairs of Audiobahn and have had problems with all of them. I have used many different brands and I like MB Quart the best but that’s just my preference
smrdr 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 20, 2002 at 4:21 PM / IP Logged  
No thats great, thats what I want to know. I have never had a serious system and if I'm going to get one I want the best I can get so feel free to voice your oppion. So what would you personally recomend? I'm takin from CD players to amps, hook ups the works the more info the better.
bberman1 
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 20, 2002 at 5:21 PM / IP Logged  
What I would suggest you do is go to some local shops and look at all the different brands and see what sounds good to you. There are a lot of good brands out there I don’t want to favor just one. What I think sounds good to me could sound like crap to you. But remember if you go to 10 shops then you will hear 10 different brands are the best and 10 opinions about the other 9 or 10 brands so don’t let the salesmen push you into anything listen to everything sit back and then make your decision. Basically what I’m trying to say is find what you like post it and then we can scrutinize your preferences (just kidding)!
smrdr 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 21, 2002 at 7:21 AM / IP Logged  

Ok thanks!

bberman1 
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 21, 2002 at 10:46 AM / IP Logged  

Your welcome but post what you like then I can make some suggestions and steer you in the right direction.

Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic