icon

Two different engine noises

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
juiced_rl 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: December 29, 2005 at 12:55 AM / IP Logged  

I am re wiring my buddies Chrysler 300 after extensive modifications and have hit a wall.

The subwoofers are thumping lightly when I turn on ACC.

The highs have a digital noise once I start the vehicle.

Components:

Kenwood deck, Directed DVD player, 2-Orion 2500D, 1-Orion 8004, 6-Orion P12 D4 subs, 3-Orion P6.2 components, 4-Directed 17" flip monitors, 1-7" directed monitor. It also has the Directed 50 Farad Power Bank(which I think may be the problem) optima yellow top would be two but one is bad.

I have upgraded the factory ground to 1/0 awg and have 1/0 awg running to the capacitor.

4 awg running to the 2500D's

4 awg running to the 8004

8 awg powering the 5 TV's and the video amp.

RCA's are ran seperate.

speaker wire for the subs is close to the power but I have moved it around and that hasn't helped.

With gains all the way down and volume on zero the 50 farad capacitor/power bank leds show that there is a large draw on the power supply.

Please if anyone can help with some ideas on this it would be greatly appriciated the car hasto leave tomorrow to have the interior done.

robdog1969 
Member - Posts: 29
Member spacespace
Posted: December 29, 2005 at 2:46 PM / IP Logged  

for one you need alot more batteries, but that is not the problem with the noise...

try un plugging the rca's at the sorce unit if the noise goes away ,you have a bad ground in the rca of the sorce unit... then try taking a ground from the rca sheild to the chassis of the sorce unit or to the ground...if it doesnt work try another sorce unit

over 20 years of experience in the 12 volt industry
geepherder 
Platinum - Posts: 3,668
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 29, 2005 at 6:40 PM / IP Logged  

The turn on thump can be fixed with an amp turn on delay (pac tr4 or other).  Describe this "digital noise once I start the vehicle".  Where did you come to the conclusion it's digital and what does it sound like?  Does it vary with engine speed?  If it's only with the engine running, it sounds like a ground loop to me.

You need to upgrade the charging system.

My ex once told me I have a perfect face for radio.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic