icon

1 12 sub vs. 2 8 subs

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
acdgotcurb 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: December 29, 2005 at 1:19 AM / IP Logged  
 I have a 2004 F250 with very limited space for subs.  My options are either a single 12" or dual 8". I need your opinions. Thanks.
honomichl 
Copper - Posts: 128
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 29, 2005 at 1:34 AM / IP Logged  

What are you going for spl or sq. What type of music do you listen to.

you can't be ahead of the curb if you aren't LIVIN LOUD
kirktcashalini 
Silver - Posts: 492
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 29, 2005 at 2:38 PM / IP Logged  
yeah, what kind of subs. some 8s are still very deep, like JL w7's sealed box i presume? how much watts you thinking about running?
99 Blazer LT.   Yellow Top. Big 3. Infinity Kappa Speakers All Around. Jensen CD/DVD flip out. 2 Infinity Kappa Perfect 12DVQs powered by a Alpine PDX600.1 (in one custom box, building a FG box)
geepherder 
Platinum - Posts: 3,668
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 29, 2005 at 6:06 PM / IP Logged  
We've built a two 10 box for some Polk Momos (don't need much air space) in a couple of those to fit behind the seat.  1/2 inch mdf was used to save space, the back of the box was slightly notched for the magnets to clear, and we double-faced it to recess the subs.  You'll have to remove the vents behind the seats, too.  They all turned out nice.  You can remove the luggage rack from under the back seat and mount your amp there.
My ex once told me I have a perfect face for radio.
kory c 
Member - Posts: 15
Member spacespace
Posted: December 29, 2005 at 9:55 PM / IP Logged  
I Also have a space problem in my ford sport trac, I was limited to using 8's but I found some infinity reference 8" subs that are designed to perform in a limited amount of space. I just custom made two sealed boxes to fit under my rear seats. Nice. I have always preferred the sound of dual subs rather than a single, dont know if its any different but to me it sounds fuller with duals.
what?,I cant hear you
xentrix 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: December 30, 2005 at 4:55 AM / IP Logged  
Can't help you make a technical decision, but because of boot shape, space etc. I run 4 8'S in a sealed box in my sedan. It ain't the deepest sub by any measure, but its smooth as a gravy sandwich and has heaps of control. I prefer drivers over inches (please dont read that last phrase incorrectly, its clean!)

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic