icon

560xv remote start.cranks but wont run

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
rugerm44 
Member - Posts: 24
Member spacespace
Posted: December 29, 2005 at 1:29 PM / IP Logged  
I have the alarm hooked up everything works but the remote start.It will crank but will not run.I have a 04 tacoma.I have the tach wire hooked to the light green and white wire going to the tach.I have the jumper set to tach and I pushed the valet switch after it started so it would learn the tach signal.I have the starter kill hooked up and even disconnected it.Still same thing.It says to hook the yellow starter kill wire to the yellow wire on the alarm.The only yellow wire is in the ribbon cable.I stripped insulation off and hooked it up to it.Still only cranks will not run.This things driving me nuts.I even programed it so it would crank lomger.Still wont run.Any ideas!
ruger
rugerm44 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 29, 2005 at 1:48 PM / IP Logged  
It will remote start and run as long as key is in the run pos.I dont have a factory alarm.Is it pos it has some kind of starter kill from factory.Thanks
ruger
gus1 
Gold - Posts: 1,013
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 29, 2005 at 1:57 PM / IP Logged  
And this is why there are people that get paid to do this for a living (and also why there is no warranty on DEI if Joe Blow Shadetree installs it in his driveway)
1)The yellow wire in the ribbon cable is for the alarm to know if the ignition is turned on. You don't need to hook anything to it. If it is plugged into the XCRS, then it is hooked up.
2) What yellow starter kill wire are you talking about?
3) Tach wire on a 560XV is not the GREEN/ white wire. I would believe the instructions will tell you it is a different wire.
4)There is no tach jumper. There is a threshold jumper, and comes out of the box programmed for tach sense. See #3.... are you sure you are using the right wire for tach?
5) You need to press and hold the valet switch for it to learn. If there is a tach signal present, the LED lights up. Once it lights up, keep the valet pressed for another 15 sec or so to enable it to learn as much of the signal as it can. If it doesen't light up the LED.... see #3.
6) Your truck has a key based anti theft. You need a bypass such as a 555X.
Gus
Wherever I go, that is where I end up......
robdog1969 
Member - Posts: 29
Member spacespace
Posted: December 29, 2005 at 1:58 PM / IP Logged  
there are 2 Ing. wires one is blk./red the second is blk / YELLOW they both need pwr. to disarm factory alarm use blue act. wire to keysense wire that is Lt. GREEN/ red also in colum disconnect anything from ribbon cable
over 20 years of experience in the 12 volt industry
kgerry 
Platinum - Posts: 3,455
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 29, 2005 at 1:58 PM / IP Logged  

did you power both ign wires?

Kevin Gerry
Certified Electronics Technician
MECP First Class Installer
Owner/Installer
Classic Car Audio
since 1979
rugerm44 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 29, 2005 at 2:36 PM / IP Logged  
Yes /I powered both ignition wires.I ment the tach wire on the truck not the alarm.Im not idiot.I have installed alarms and radios,backup lights, winches.Just never a remote start so take it easy gus.I had one installed at circuit city.Thay damn near tore my truck up trying to install it.And their trained to do it.My truck dosent have the chip in the key to start.It aint that fancy.nor dose it have a factory alarm
ruger
rugerm44 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 29, 2005 at 2:41 PM / IP Logged  
By the way the dei starter kill relay has a yellow wire coming from it.The wiring diagram shows it being hooked up to a yellow wire on the alarm.It works fine with out it.If the alarm is armed it wont let you start it with the key and it triggers alarm when you try.
ruger
gus1 
Gold - Posts: 1,013
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 29, 2005 at 3:06 PM / IP Logged  
But then what did you do with the purple and green wires off of the XCRS (the built in starter kill relay.....)???
Gus
Wherever I go, that is where I end up......
robdog1969 
Member - Posts: 29
Member spacespace
Posted: December 29, 2005 at 3:42 PM / IP Logged  
the yellow wire on the starter kill relay goes to pink wire in Ing. harness
over 20 years of experience in the 12 volt industry
rugerm44 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 29, 2005 at 6:48 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks robdog.I ran a diagnostic with it and it says it shuts down for lack of a tach signal.I disconnected the wire going to the tach.he tach quit so I know I have it hooked to the tach wire.I guess its not enough voltage.I may try and hook it to one of the ignitors like it said.I had the jumper in tach mode and voltage sense mode neither one would work.I ran it and gave it a chance to learn the tach signal.The led came on almost as quick as I pushed the button.I held for a couple of minutes just to make sure.When I released it the parking lights flashed.I have a 550hf on my 02 tacoma works fine.They have it hooked to a green wire on one of the coils.The problem is it has just two wires 3.4 engine.The 04 taco has the 2.7 and it has 4 coil wires and they are different colors from the v6.Ill figure it out if it kills me.I ran out of time and buttoned everything up for know.Everything else works shock sensor and keyless entry.that will have to do for know.Wife is on her 9th month and could go into labor anytime now.Im 43 and this is the lasttttt one.At least this ones a girl.Thanks for taking the time to answer.    
ruger

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic