Ipod Video?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
infinkc 
Copper - Posts: 438
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 12, 2006 at 12:19 AM / IP Logged  
Here are the pictures of the cable i made
What i did was buy a audio video cable that connects to the bottom of the iPod and a cigatette lighter adapter fot the iPod and took them apart to make one cable. I streched out the coil from the one cable so both cables are about 3 feet lond and took off the cigatette lighter adapter and hardwired it into my car. The black adapter on the rca ends is a s-video to rca adapter because the only iPod cable i could find had an s-video plug.
PIC 1 connected to iPod
Plug end of adapter
Cable before being hardwired
tried to post the pics but this website took the .Jpg extensions off
There are 10 types of people in the world, ones that understand binary and ones that dont.
infinkc 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 12, 2006 at 2:36 PM / IP Logged  
it plays both audio normally and video with audio
There are 10 types of people in the world, ones that understand binary and ones that dont.
chulo80 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: January 15, 2006 at 10:48 AM / IP Logged  
I am assuming that this was done without having to buy the adapter that the sell for the in-dashes. I had my system (pioneer n2) installed like two days ago but didn't know there was an ipod adapter. Then i checked it out and didn't really want to buy it if all i have to do is buy the monster cable and modify it you know.
othater 
Member - Posts: 25
Member spacespace
Posted: January 15, 2006 at 1:22 PM / IP Logged  

Infinkc,

Can you post the pin outs and color code for you IPOD adapter mod.

also where you purchased your cables.

Thanks

free_refil 
Copper - Posts: 72
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 28, 2006 at 8:55 AM / IP Logged  
I've searched all over ebay and the only audio/video cables I can find are the ones that plug into the headphone jack. I would love to know what 2 pins you need to tap to get video out of the car charger accessory. I'm using the Belkin car charger and it works great as it has the audio out at the car charger plug, which is tucked under the dash   within a secondary 12volt accessory socket. If I could tap into the plug that goes to the iPod and get the video out there and run it along the same cable, this would be the ideal setup!
infinkc 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 28, 2006 at 12:11 PM / IP Logged  
i just came across this, i will probably getting one of these for the car now, they can display the onscreen menus also! Probably wait for the one with remote, so i can stick the ipod in the arm rest and use a remote ir eye to control it.
http://www.griffintechnology.com/products/tunecenter/
http://www.dlo.com/products/homedoc_dx_Prod.tpl?command=showpage&cart=11370115381891693
free_refil 
Copper - Posts: 72
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 29, 2006 at 4:53 PM / IP Logged  
Now THOSE are badass. Remove the IR reciever to remote mount it near the headunit and put the rest of the unit away in an armrest or similar location and you've got yourself a great alternative!
snowboarderandy 
Member - Posts: 45
Member spacespace
Posted: January 29, 2006 at 11:28 PM / IP Logged  
hey everyone, I just found this on ebay. It plugs into the bottom of the ipod and allows you to display video on your tv . its kinda expensive though http:///.com/dll?ViewItem&item=5860101636&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1
Thanks,
Andy
cs015271 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: January 29, 2006 at 11:43 PM / IP Logged  
this is exactly what we need, from the pictures it looks like he hiding his creation... that pric is high but i need that bad!!!
infinkc 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 30, 2006 at 2:31 PM / IP Logged  
doesnt look like he is selling it as one cable, but as the video cable and the car charger seperate. if you buy them seperate like i did and put them together it will only run you about $30-40 max. the plugs are really easy to take apart and figure out what wires go where. you only need to move the 2 power wires to the video cable.
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic