icon

01 Olds Aurora Remote Start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
bybygm2 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: December 29, 2005 at 7:32 PM / IP Logged  
I need wiring information for 2001 Oldsmobile Aurora for Design Tech remote start product. The problem I am having is that the car was built in May 2000 but is 2001 model year. The 2000 wiring diagram is not applicable and there is no 2001 diagram easily accessible through 12v website (that I can find).
I have probed the wires and the car does start, runs for about 30 seconds and quits.
Has anyone encountered anything similar and has found solution? Or does anyone have the applicable wiring diagram that you could share or direct me to?
Thanks!
Mike
03sd 
Member - Posts: 16
Member spacespace
Posted: December 29, 2005 at 8:25 PM / IP Logged  

First off, I'm not a professional installer (but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night!). Obviously, there is no 2000 Aurora. Olds took a time-out in 2000 to re-group, and 2001-2004 were essentaily the same car.

Where did you pick up the tach signal? Is it a 3.5L or 4.0L? On the 3.5L (I just did one in my wife's 2001 3.5L Aurora a couple of days ago), you can use the dark green wire at the coil pack on the rear cylinder head or you can use the RED / white wire at the coil pack on the front cylinder head.

The instructions for my Astroflex RS say to use the RED / white wire for at the coil pack (which one?) for the 4.0L.

How'd you like getting at the ignition switch?

Bob O.
boomer_106 
Silver - Posts: 710
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 29, 2005 at 8:42 PM / IP Logged  
Oldsmobile | | Aurora | | 2001 - 2002

Remote Starter Wiring Colors and Notes
FunctionVehicle ColorLocation
Start:PURPLE OR ORANGE
Ignition #1:PINKIGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
Ignition #2:WHITEIGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
Ignition #3:N/A****
Accessory:ORANGE & BROWN (2 WIRES)IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
Brake Light:WHITEAT SWITCH ABOVE BRAKE PEDAL
Tach Signal:PURPLE / WHITEAT IGNITION COIL ON TOP OF MOTOR
Parking Lights:BROWN / WHITE (-)AT DIM MODULE NEAR PASSENGER KICK PANEL **
Headlights:WHITE (-)AT DIM MODULE NEAR PASSENGER KICK PANEL
Diesel Glow Plug:N/A
Clutch Bypass Wire:N/A
Notes:* This Vehicle Is Equipped With GM's PassKey III Theft Deterent System. Use Universal Alarm Bypass Module. ****All DesignTech remote starters except the 2xx22 have an ignition 3 output - it is the WHITE/ black in the 'control harness.' This wire will be us
Alarm and Keyless Entry Wiring Colors and Notes
FunctionVehicle ColorLocation
Constant +12 Volts:Use Battery
OEM Alarm Disarm:LT. GREEN (-)AT DRIVER'S DOOR MODULE ABOVE SPEAKER IN DRIVER'S DOOR
OEM Horn:BLACK (-)STEERING COLUMN HARNESS OR AT DIM MODULE **
Power Lock:RED / BLACK (-)INSIDE OF DRIVER'S DOOR AT BOTTOM OF SWITCH ****
Power Unlock:ORANGE / BLACK (-)INSIDE OF DRIVER'S DOOR AT BOTTOM OF SWITCH ****
Trunk Release:LT. BLUE (-)AT RIM MODULE ***
Alarm Input Wire:GRAY (-)AT COURTESY LIGHT UNDERNEATH THE DASH
Notes:*** The RIM Module Is Located Behind The Rear Seat In The Upper Corner On The Driver's Side. **** Negative Pulse Door Locks, See Installation Note #201 - Negative Pulse Door Lock Diagram.
bybygm2 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: December 29, 2005 at 10:54 PM / IP Logged  
Yes, getting at the ignition switch was a pain! I am using it as tach-less/voltage sensing but thinking about switching it over to tach. It is a 3.5L also.
The wiring diagram says to use purple or orange but it does not say where. There is no purple wire at the ignition switch. There is two orange wires...one you need for accessory and the other one is live all the time.
Thanks for the help!
Mike
03sd 
Member - Posts: 16
Member spacespace
Posted: December 30, 2005 at 2:05 PM / IP Logged  

For the tach signal, you can use either the light blue/white, dark GREEN / WHITE or RED / white on the coil pack on top of the front cylinder head OR either the purple, light blue or dark green on the coil pack on top of the rear cylinder head.

This engine has 6 coils.

In the white connector at the ignition switch, the orange wire is B+ for accessories, the white is B+ for ignition, and the yellow is B+ for the starter signal. In the black connector at the ignition switch, the pink wire is B+ for ignition.

Hope this helps! 

Bob O.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic