icon

2 amps

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
hobobasher 
Copper - Posts: 66
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2006 at 7:21 PM / IP Logged  
Yeah I agree with you I see what you mean. Iapologize if Iseemed to come off with an attitude that wasnt my intention at all. You brought up a good point that needed to be brought up. If you dont have the power to begine with then your going to work the alt harder than it already is being overworked which is more of a headache than it is worth
nixon75 
Member - Posts: 27
Member spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2006 at 12:10 AM / IP Logged  
exactly how high an output do i need for my alternator? my ride is a Toyota Hilux 2005 model. Can i see my current alternator's output in my manual?
arrow12 
Silver - Posts: 527
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2006 at 2:50 PM / IP Logged  
Get the biggest alternator you can afford.  It allows for future upgrades and puts less of a strain on it.
That's my opinion. Take it, leave it, or correct me.
hobobasher 
Copper - Posts: 66
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2006 at 3:36 PM / IP Logged  
When you buy an alt make sure you get one from a company with a good reputation like Stinger or Ohio Generator or something along those lines. There are other companies that have a good reputaion that sell them ask around. I only bring this up because if you buy a cheap no name alt you could end up frying sensors on your vehicle.
So research before you buy please. Sensors are very costly I work on cars daily and Isee these outragous prices and Id hate to see you have to go through that if you don't have to.
Just do yourself and your bank account a favor and research really well don't be too quick to buy or try and get a cheap one it could cost more than its worth so please be carful.
nixon75 
Member - Posts: 27
Member spacespace
Posted: January 04, 2006 at 4:14 AM / IP Logged  
how do i know if my alt isnt big enough?
geepherder 
Platinum - Posts: 3,668
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 04, 2006 at 9:34 PM / IP Logged  

Add up the fuse ratings for your new equipment, and see how many amps your factory amp is rated at (look it up online at autozone).  Then depending on the size of the car, figure around 25-40 amps for all the car's accessories.  If it appears you're borderline or overdrawing the factory alternator, then upgrade.

My ex once told me I have a perfect face for radio.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic