the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

what do i need to keep voltage up?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
fingaz22 
Silver - Posts: 410
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2006 at 3:51 PM / IP Logged  

heres the link with pic to guide you through http://forum.sounddomain.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=5;t=007801

it took 3 min. to find. good luck. if you look you will find. copy and paste that in your browser window.

keep it wired

JUST ONE MORE AMP!!!
hu,alpine cva 1005/dva 5205
sound processor,symmetry(first one).
sub amp,power 1000 the terminator.(1992).
subs,spl comp dual 1 ohms.
punch 150hd on a 10" ev.
alotofhighs
cocoleveo7686 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: January 04, 2006 at 11:33 AM / IP Logged  
i think im going to do the big 3 with 2 gauge wire  is that ok? also with the current setup i have now, should i be using 2 gauge wire? what about if i upgrade to a kicker kx1200.1 or a orion 2500d or some amp that puts out 1500rms-2000rms
CoCo
youngone 
Silver - Posts: 269
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 04, 2006 at 5:02 PM / IP Logged  
that 2g should be fine gust remember to fuse properly. and you are definitely going to need that ho alternator. good luck
Want to know some good equipment- JL,Adire Audio,Mcintosh,Brax,Helix,Eclipse,JBL,RE,Dimoand Audio,Zapco, pritty much anything DYhon,Forbidden recommend
On the12volt you give some info and you get in
fingaz22 
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 04, 2006 at 5:10 PM / IP Logged  

youngone is right on the money. just follow our lead and you will be fine.

how was that link i gave you? did it explain enough? that covers it good.

JUST ONE MORE AMP!!!
punch 150hd on a 10" ev.
alotofhighs
cocoleveo7686 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 04, 2006 at 6:46 PM / IP Logged  
yea that link was very good thanks.  im goign to do the big 3 very soon....as far as the wires i have now, is 4 gauge ok for a kicker kx1200.1 or should i go to 2 gauge? what about a 1500rms-2000rms amp?  haha a HO alternator i emailed this company they told me its 650 dollars for a 190 amp for my car...i have a 02 sentra ser spec v...im not spending that much
CoCo
kirktcashalini 
Silver - Posts: 492
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 04, 2006 at 7:13 PM / IP Logged  
Looooose the flippin horsepower. you own a nissan sentra, NOT a race car... If you are concerned about going fast, take all the subs out. CLEARLY the added weight will slow you down more than having a high output alternator that may be within a pound from stock one. I have been into stereo, and racing for a while. I had a 350HP s-10 and it did mid/low 12s, and i used a high output alternator, and it compliments the ignition which dynotested added 20 hp on my engine setup... If you are so concerned about loosing horsepower, drop the subs. wont change any numbers, but numbers dont matter, the whole setup is what matters. Sorry if i got a little carried away there. but seriously, upgrade the alt. you wont notice it any more than adding probably 400 pounds to your trunk. get a intake and exhaust if you want that 5-10 hp back.
99 Blazer LT.   Yellow Top. Big 3. Infinity Kappa Speakers All Around. Jensen CD/DVD flip out. 2 Infinity Kappa Perfect 12DVQs powered by a Alpine PDX600.1 (in one custom box, building a FG box)
fingaz22 
Posted: January 04, 2006 at 8:51 PM / IP Logged  
about the 2 or 4 gauge. i would go with the 2 guage. but for short runs of wire like that on the big three i don't see anything wrong with the 4 gauge. to have the extra there do the 2 gauge and you have no worries.
JUST ONE MORE AMP!!!
punch 150hd on a 10" ev.
alotofhighs
cocoleveo7686 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 05, 2006 at 12:16 AM / IP Logged  

kirktcashalini wrote:
Looooose the flippin horsepower. you own a nissan sentra, NOT a race car... If you are concerned about going fast, take all the subs out. CLEARLY the added weight will slow you down more than having a high output alternator that may be within a pound from stock one. I have been into stereo, and racing for a while. I had a 350HP s-10 and it did mid/low 12s, and i used a high output alternator, and it compliments the ignition which dynotested added 20 hp on my engine setup... If you are so concerned about loosing horsepower, drop the subs. wont change any numbers, but numbers dont matter, the whole setup is what matters. Sorry if i got a little carried away there. but seriously, upgrade the alt. you wont notice it any more than adding probably 400 pounds to your trunk. get a intake and exhaust if you want that 5-10 hp back.

well im not really that worried about hp too much, but im not going to spend 650 dollars on a friggin alternator. thats the only one i found for my car and its only 190 amp...it shouldnt be that expensive when ive seen 250 amp ones going for 300

CoCo
Page of 3

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic