icon

Crimestopper CS-9228MX

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
tibby01 
Member - Posts: 18
Member spacespace
Posted: December 30, 2005 at 10:13 PM / IP Logged  
going through this alarm manual have and im stuck. it is a REALLY old alarm and i am missing the page that i guess would help me out from the scanned installer manual crimestopper sent me. anyway, in the beginning specs sheet, it says:
light flash: 10 amp positive/negative pulsed
so im thinking it will be an easy hookup and require hooking up one wire that pulses power or ground to one side of the parking light wires.
then i get to the pin readout. there are two wires that have "(lights)" in the readout, and are both on the power/output plug. this is the full description of each.
+/- pulse relay input (lights)
+/- pulse relay output (lights)
any idea why these are labeled relay and how exactly i hook these up?
btw, if anyone happens to have the full manual for this particular model and wouldnt mind scanning me a couple pages, i would GREATLY appreciate it.
uffdog 
Member - Posts: 45
Member spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 31, 2005 at 8:37 AM / IP Logged  
New Page 1      try this look under tech web
rfd
indyaudioguy 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: December 31, 2005 at 1:25 PM / IP Logged  

Hey.  I believe that the two wires you refer to are both sides of the light flash relay contact.  If you need a positive output, connect one wire to 12 volts and the other to your light circuit.  If you need a ground output, ground one wire and connect the other to your light circuit.  I believe that it is ok to use either wire for the input or output.

Good Luck!

tibby01 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 31, 2005 at 1:34 PM / IP Logged  
yeah, thats what i thought. just a bit confused on why it says the light flash is capable of handling 10 amps, but for some reason they have it being operated by a relay.
indyaudioguy 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 31, 2005 at 1:51 PM / IP Logged  

That is EXACTLY why it is good for 10 amps.  If you need to drive all of the parking lights with the Crimestopper unit directly, close to 10 amps could be necessary in some cars.  If you are only triggering a relay or module in the car, less than an ampere would be fine, of course.  With the relay output, though, Crimestopper covered all teir bases and made the units more installer friendly, versatile.

Good Luck!

Anderson Electronics, Inc.
tibby01 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 31, 2005 at 2:31 PM / IP Logged  
so could i hook up the light flash without using a relay? i would like to drive all lights with the cs output directly, and save a relay if possible. all of the lights that are flashing will be leds, so current shouldnt come anywhere near 10 amps. which wire would i use for that, input or output?
i would need a pulsing ground, and it would need to be hooked up before the multifunction switch.
indyaudioguy 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 31, 2005 at 2:50 PM / IP Logged  

I must haevb confused you somewhere along the way.  You do not need to add a relay.  The relay is built into the Crimestopper unit.  Based on your requirement for a ground to enable your LEDs, you simply need to locate those two wires marked 'light flash' on your unit, ground one of them, and then connect the other to your LEDs.  Every time your system is engaged, the internal relay will provide a ground to your LEDs.

Does that make sense?

Anderson Electronics, Inc.
tibby01 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 31, 2005 at 5:20 PM / IP Logged  
ok, i understand. i didnt understand why it doesnt just have one wire, like for the siren, but have it pulsed inside the brain. for example, have 2 wires on the output plug that say "+ pulse output" and "- pulse output".
tibby01 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 24, 2006 at 12:10 AM / IP Logged  
The alarm I'm hooking up is a 10 year old crimestopper unit, for a little bit of backround info. Here is what I emailed to crimestopper, with no answer yet...
1. On the remote start unit, there is a + motor reset input and a - motor reset input. Im guessing I only need one of them. what are some common sources for this?
2. (RS brain) How does the +/- tach sense input hook up? To a tach signal wire?
3. I dont have a second ignition. should I just leave that wire on the rs unit unconnected?
4. Do i need to hook up the - throttle pulse output, or would that just be for the older carb cars?
5. I will be putting remote start on this vehicle, and it is a manual. I know usually you guys wont touch that, but I was wondering if I could get suggestions. what I will be doing to insure that it never starts in gear(even though i never leave it in gear) is using a magnetic reed switch. the magnet will be on the gear shift lever, and will only be in proximity to the switch when the lever springs back into its central position. any idea of the best way to get this working? i know i could use a relay with those wires(from power to reed switch to relay to ground) for the coil(also run it through the ebrake switch somehow). then i would have the starter output wire run through 87 and 30. i know i will have to bypass the clutch switch too. would that be too much of a current draw when the car is off? any better way that you can think of?
Thanks to anyone who can help me out with those even a few of those last questions.
tibby01 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 27, 2006 at 9:39 PM / IP Logged  
ttt,
any help on this stuff would be greatly appreciated.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic